CITY OF EL PASO
All Volunteers must read the following statements and sign on the Volunteer Signature line. Volunteer hereby agrees that he/she is a volunteer and not an employee of the City. City shall not be subject to any obligations or liabilities of Volunteer, Volunteer’s agents or representatives, incurred in the performance of this contract. If any such obligation or liability of Volunteer, Volunteer’s agents or representatives should be attributed to City, despite City's above express waiver of any and all such obligation and liabilities, Volunteer expressly agrees to indemnify and hold harmless City from any and all such obligations or liabilities.
As a Volunteer for the City of El Paso:
- I agree to dress in accordance with the City of El Paso Professional Appearance Standards for my assignment, remembering that I am a volunteer and I represent the City of El Paso.
- I agree to respect the patrons/customers by being friendly and cooperative with them and to guide them to a staff member if necessary.
- I agree to respect the function of the permanent staff and to contribute to maintaining professional relationships between the staff and myself.
- I agree to carry out assignments in good spirit and to seek the assistance of a volunteer office staff or supervisor on duty whenever I have a question or have completed a project.
- I agree to exercise caution when acting on the assigned department’s behalf in any situation and to abide by all rules of the department area.
- I understand that I must attend Sexual Harassment Training, conducted by the City of El Paso, and adhere to the City of El Paso’s Policy and Procedures, if applicable.
- I understand that the City of El Paso or the Volunteer Program Coordinator may terminate volunteer services for any reason at any time, upon notice to the other party. The City shall have no responsibility or liability because of such termination and no further responsibility or liability under this agreement after such termination.
- I agree to perform services for the City of El Paso on a volunteer basis. I understand that I will receive no money or other form of compensation for such services.
The City of El Paso staff will make every effort to ensure that your volunteer experience is convenient, enjoyable, and productive. If, for any reason, you wish to change your assignment, a new volunteer agreement must be submitted.