I hereby acknowledge that I have carefully read this Release and fully understand it.
Here's how to create your login:
1) Please carefully read the Volunteer Waiver below.
2) Enter your username and email address at the bottom of this page.
3) By checking the box at the bottom of this page, I hereby certify that I have carefully read this Release and fully understand it. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A CONTRACT BETWEEN MYSELF AND EVERYVETERAN.ORG AND CONTAINS AN ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE OF LIABILITY and AUTHORIZATION, AND I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL. By checking the box (under the "Verify Email Address" section) for this agreement, I certify that I am eighteen years of age or older (or I have delivered the consent of my parent or guardian to EveryVeteran.org).
4) Click "Save and Continue".
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT
VOLUNTARY PARTICIPATION: I acknowledge and voluntarily agree to participate in an EveryVeteran.org volunteer service activity. I understand that as a volunteer I will not be paid for my services, and I will not be covered by insurance coverage of EveryVeteran.org, site owners, veterans service providers, veterans, veteran's families, or other volunteers or sponsors, including property, liability, or Workers Compensation insurance. I further agree that my participation in EveryVeteran.org activities may be terminated at any time by EveryVeteran.org, a sponsor, or by me.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I am aware that I may be exposed to personal injury, death, or damage to my property arising out of my participation EveryVeteran.org volunteer activities. Such risks may be as a result of my activities, the activities of other volunteers or third parties, including any actions of the owners, veterans service providers, veterans, veterans' families or invitees of any property I work on, or the conditions under which my volunteer services are performed. I acknowledge that I may be working within a residential facility, hospital, or home. I am aware that the risks may include, but not be limited to, loading and unloading, and transportation to and from the volunteer sites. WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THESE RISKS, I AGREE TO ACCEPT ALL RISKS OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO MY PROPERTY. I understand that my safety is my own personal responsibility, and that I am free at any time to refuse, and should refuse, to do anything during an EveryVeteran.org service activity that I feel poses a hazard to me or anyone else, or to my property or anyone else’s. I confirm that I am physically capable of performing the tasks assigned to me as a volunteer and am free to decline any task that I feel incapable of safely performing.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY: In consideration of the opportunity to participate in a volunteer service activity for EveryVeteran.org on behalf of myself, my successors, assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives, I agree to each of the following:
- I will not make any claim or suit against (a) EveryVeteran.org, EveryVeteran.org or any of its affiliated organizations, or its/their officers, directors or employees, (b) any entity or employer whom I am associated with that is cosponsoring the activity or any of its officers, directors or employees, (c) any Partner on the activity or any of its affiliated organizations, or its/their officers, directors or employees, (d) the suppliers of any materials or equipment for the activity, or (e) any of the activity volunteers, veterans, veterans' families, sponsors, donors, customers, the property owner, any homeowner or prospective homeowner, or housing provider for EveryVeteran.org volunteers (all of the foregoing collectively the “Released Parties”).
- I hereby release and forever discharge the Released Parties from any liability, claims, damages, debts, and demands, in law or in equity, including but not limited to injury, death, loss of use, or damage arising out of or relating to the acts or omissions of any person or entity, however caused, arising from or relating to any participation in the Activity, including but not limited to the negligence (including the sole negligence) of any of the Released Parties.
- I hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless the Released Parties and their successors and assigns from any claim or liability that arises on account of any first aid or medical care rendered to me in connection with the Activity.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, I HEREBY WAIVE AND RELEASE ALL RIGHTS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF MY PARTICIPATION WITH THE ACTIVITY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE ARISING OUT OF PERSONAL INJURY TO ME, MY DEATH, OR LOSS OF USE OR DAMAGE TO MY PROPERTY, AND HEREBY FULLY RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FOR SUCH MATTERS.
MEDIA AUTHORIZATION: I give EveryVeteran.org and its Partner all rights in any photographs, digital images, and video or audio recordings (“Media”) made of me by or on behalf of EveryVeteran.org or its Partner, including but not limited to any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from Media. I consent to the unrestricted use by EveryVeteran.org or its Partner and/or any person authorized by either of them of any Media of me created in connection with the Activity.
BACKGROUND CERTIFICATION AND AUTHORIZATION: I certify I have never been convicted of a crime that requires me to register as a sex offender with any agency. I understand some volunteer positions require a criminal background check. I authorize EveryVeteran.org to check my criminal record through any available database or registry. In some cases, this may require the completion of an additional background check authorization form.
OTHER: This Release shall also govern my participation in any future EveryVeteran.org activity, whether I sign a new Release or not. I agree that this Release is intended to be as broad as permitted by, and shall be governed by California law. Should any provision of this Release be adjudicated as invalid, the remaining provisions shall continue to be enforceable.
KNOWING AND VOLUNTARY EXECUTION: By checking the box below, I certify that I have carefully read this Release and fully understand it. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A CONTRACT BETWEEN MYSELF AND EVERYVETERAN.ORG AND CONTAINS AN ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE OF LIABILITY and AUTHORIZATION, AND I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL. By checking the box (see check box under the "Verify Email Address" section) for this agreement, I certify that I am eighteen years of age or older (or I have delivered the consent of my parent or guardian to EveryVeteran.org).