Applications for EPC volunteer training in Jan 2019 are closed - now open for 2020 training.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with EPC, and for taking the time to complete this form. Please be aware that EPC's January 2019 volunteer training group is closed and we are now accepting 2020 training applications.
We have an information session on 11th September 2019 and this is a great opportunity to meet and hear from our current volunteers as well as staff. Please call 1300 130 813 to register.
Before applying to volunteer with us, you need to know:
- EPC volunteers ONLY visit clients during business hours - we do not offer volunteering on weekends, or on evenings (with the exception of transcribing & editing).
- We give preference to people living in the areas we support: Boroondara, Manningham, Knox, Monash, Whitehorse, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges. We will generally not accept volunteers living outside this region.
- All client-visiting volunteers need a driver licence and access to a car - our volunteers travel to client homes for visits.
- You must be over 18 to volunteer with EPC.
- You must be an Australian resident to volunteer with EPC.
EPC volunteers work on their own in the homes of clients on our palliative care program, which makes the role both a privilege and a challenge. If you are self-aware, have good social support networks and are a great listener, we want to talk to you!
Eastern Palliative Care applies the principle of equal opportunity to its recruitment processes and selects volunteers irrespective of race, age, gender or religion.
EPC will do everything possible to ensure that each volunteer is correctly matched with an appropriate role. This will be done in consultation with the volunteer.
Before we start, you need to be aware that there is quite a lengthy process involved in becoming a volunteer with EPC. This involves:
- Completing this application form in full
- A phone call from us
- An interview with two staff members in late 2019 (if selected for interview)
- Reference checks
- Attending up to 9 days of introductory volunteer training in 2020 (one day per week), plus a 'visit on the road' experience, making client home visits with an EPC staff member. Attending our full training program is not negotiable for our trainee volunteers... but we promise you will get a lot out of it and we make it fun!
- A police check (processed and paid for by EPC during training)
- A Working With Children Check (done free through your local post office)
- A post-training interview