By clicking “I agree” below, I know and accept that, in respect of my participation as a volunteer in this program, I am not and will not become an employee or agent of the City of Vancouver (the “City”) and I am not and will not be entitled to any compensation or benefits of any kind.
In my volunteer role with this program, I understand my duties are to:
• actively participate in assigned volunteer placements with the City under the oversight of City staff,
• comply with all applicable City policies and procedures, and
• carry out assigned functions as directed by my volunteer coordinator.
In consideration for being permitted to participate as a volunteer in this program, I hereby:
1. waive any and all rights I may have now or in future to make or in any way advance directly or indirectly as against the City and/or any of its officials, officers, employees, agents, volunteers or boards, including, without limitation, the Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation, the Vancouver Police Board and the Vancouver Public Library Board and/or any of their directors, officials, officers, employees, agents and/or volunteers and/or any societies, associations and/or any other organizations associated or affiliated with the City or any of those Boards in any way in connection with this program and any of their directors, officers, employees, agents and/or volunteers (all, collectively, the “City Group”), any complaints, claims, actions or suits of any kind arising from or in connection with my participation as a volunteer in the Program;
2. release and forever discharge the City Group from any and all liability for any and all losses, damages, injuries, harm or expenses of any kind I may suffer, incur or experience in any way arising from or in connection with my participation as a volunteer in this program;
3. will indemnify the City Group for and hold it harmless from any and all losses, injuries, damages or harm that it may suffer, incur or experience and will indemnify the City Group for and hold them harmless from any and all claims against them or any of them for any losses, injuries, damages, harm or expense suffered, incurred or experienced by anyone else arising from or in connection with my participation as a volunteer in this program.
4. If applying at Carnegie Community Centre as a Volunteer, I am 19 years of age or older.
CONSENT FOR USE OF PHOTOGRAPHY
I hereby grant to the City, without any further consideration of any kind to me, the unrestricted right to make photographs, film, video and/or digital or other recordings containing images of and/or sounds made by me in connection with my participation in this program and the unrestricted right in perpetuity to keep, copy, use, publish, display and/or broadcast the resulting images of and/or sounds from me, in any way, at any time and by any means the City might choose, for the purpose of in any way publicizing and/or promoting this program and/or the City.
If you do not consent to use of photography or other types of recording, please inform your volunteer coordinator of your decision and ensure that you exclude yourself from situations in which recording may occur.
CONSENT FOR COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
I hereby consent to the collection of personal information as requested in this volunteer intake process for the sole purposes of coordinating my volunteer activities in connection with this program and contacting me for future volunteer opportunities. I understand further that my personal information, once collected by the City, will be handled by the City in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (British Columbia).
The City of Vancouver collects personal information under the authority of s. 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have questions about the collection of this personal information, please contact the Director of Access to Information and Privacy at 604-873-7999 or 453 West 12th Ave., Vancouver, BC V5Y 1V4