Volunteer Release & Waiver of Responsibility
Volunteer desires to work as a volunteer for Paws and Claws and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer. The Volunteer understands the activities may include but are not limited to handling animals, cleaning cages, changing food and water dishes, attending adoption and fundraising events, sending mailers, participating in fundraising drives, soliciting donations, working at various rescue locations and foster facilities, transporting animals from one location to another (if having a valid license & car insurance) and other duties and activities as the need arises.
The Volunteer hereby freely, voluntarily and without duress executes this Release under the terms below:
1. Release and Waiver – The Volunteer does hereby indemnity, release and forever discharge and hold harmless Paws and Claws and its successors, assigns, and interested third parties from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereinafter arise from Volunteer’s activities with Paws and Claws.
2. Assumption of Risk – Volunteer understands that the activities include work that may be hazardous to the Volunteer or any minor(s) that accompany the Volunteer, including but not limited to, handling frightened animals, cleaning feces, urine and vomit, moving cages and crates, bending, stooping, and other activities involved in the handling and care of animals. Volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in the activities and indemnifies, releases and holds harmless Paws and Claws from all liability of injury, illness, death, or property damage or loss resulting directly or indirectly from the activities.
3. Photographic Release – Volunteer does hereby grant and convey unto Paws and Claws all right, title, and interest in any and all photographs, images, video and audio recordings made by Paws and Claws during the Volunteer’s activities with Paws and Claws, including but not limited to any royalties, donations, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings. Volunteer further permits Paws and Claws to publish said images, records, and videos at will on the website and in other media for advertising and other use as Paws and Claws deems appropriate.
4. Other – Volunteer expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Illinois, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois. Volunteer agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of the Release, which shall continue to be enforceable.
5. By checking the box below, the Volunteer has read, understood, and executed this Release as of the date first written above.
*Please note that we can only accept volunteers over 18 years of age due to liability reasons.