IWM collects and holds some personal information on volunteers. This data is held under 'legitimate interest' under GDPR law and begins with your expression of interest form as a potential volunteer.
- IWM will only collect as much personal information as is necessary for each purpose, such as volunteer recruitment, security, Equal Opportunities monitoring, etc.
- Personal information in all formats will be kept securely
- Access to volunteer information is strictly limited to IWM staff who require it
- Access to volunteer information by external bodies (such as the police) is only given if permitted under the Act and if IWM is confident that the information is needed and will be kept securely
- Unless there is an exemption under the Data Protection Act, volunteers will be allowed access to their own personal data on request
- Volunteers may be filmed on CCTV throughout the course of the day, whenever they are in monitored areas, as part of IWM’s on-going security process