Neighbourhood Engagement Social Team - Volunteer Terms, Conditions & Guidelines
IMPACT Ajax - Neighbourhood Engagement Social Team (NEST) Guidelines
The NEST will be comprised of two representatives from each of the 24 Ajax neighbourhoods. Each pair of representatives will work together and be responsible to deliver one activity in their designated neighbourhood over the course of their term as a NEST member. Activities will focus on building relationships between neighbours, contributing to an inclusive and safe community. The Neighbourhood Representative will take on the responsibility of coordinating the activity and will act as the permit holder (where applicable).
NEST TERM OF COMMITMENT
Each Neighbourhood Representative will be expected to commit as a member of the NEST for a minimum of one year. After the first year, based on satisfactory performance, each representative will be offered the opportunity to stay on as a NEST member for a additional year. The upcoming NEST term will commence in November 2018 and conclude in October 2019. Neighbourhood Representatives will also be expected to attend monthly NEST planning and training meetings throughout the duration of their term.
- Facility Rental Agreement
- Municipal Alcohol Policy (please note: alcohol is strictly prohibited for all NEST neighbourhood activities)
- Liability Insurance requirements
- Town of Ajax By-Laws
- Region of Durham Public Health requirements
- All other applicable legislation
Town of Ajax - Volunteer Terms & Conditions
A Town of Ajax Volunteer is anyone who, without expectation of compensation, intentionally performs a task at the direction of, or on behalf of, the Town of Ajax.
Conditions of Volunteering:
Prior to commencing my volunteer activity at the Town of Ajax, I understand that:
- Completing the application to be a volunteer does not guarantee placement. Placement is dependent upon available positions, satisfactory qualifications, references and/or screening on behalf of the applicant;
- Volunteering is conditional upon a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check with screening for the Vulnerable Sector at a cost to the volunteer;
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age as of the date of this application in order to be eligible for the Neighbourhood Engagement Social Team;
- Volunteers must be an Ajax resident and/or Ajax business owner in order to be eligible for the Neighbourhood Engagement Social Team;
- In order to volunteer with the Town of Ajax, all applicants must attend mandatory training. Scope and duration of training is dependent on volunteer position.
I understand that personal information collected on this form is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act, 2001, s. 11(1), and will only be used for the purpose for which it is collected, and will not be distributed or used by the Town of Ajax for any other purpose. Questions about this collection may be directed to the Town of Ajax Records and Freedom of Information Coordinator at 65 Harwood Avenue South, Ajax, Ontario, L1S 2H9 or 905-683-4550.
I recognize the risk of injury or potential health risk that may be involved in participation in the named membership, program, activity, event or volunteer opportunity, I hereby willingly assume such risk of injury or health risk for myself and assume full responsibility during and after my participation in the program, activity or event.
In consideration of permission to use the property, facilities, staff, equipment and services of the Town of Ajax, I, on behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives, or assigns, do hereby release, indemnify and save harmless, waive, and forever discharge the Town of Ajax, its directors, officers, employees, volunteers and agents from liability from any and all claims resulting in personal injury, accidents or illnesses (including death) and property loss resulting from, but not limited to, participation in activities, classes, observation, and use of facilities, premises or equipment.
By submitting this application, I affirm that the facts set forth in it are true and complete. I understand that if I am accepted as volunteer, any false statements, omissions, or other misrepresentations made by me on this application may result in immediate dismissal.
I acknowledge and agree that the Town of Ajax has permission to take photos of myself for use in future promotional materials.