Terms and Conditions
- My services to the HSSET are provided strictly in a voluntary capacity as a Volunteer, and without any express or implied promise of salary, compensation or other payment of any kind whatsoever.
- I will familiarize myself and comply with HSSET policies, procedures, and safety precautions applicable to Volunteers. In particular, I fully understand that the HSSET expects high standards of moral and ethical treatment of the animals under its care. I will adhere strictly to these standards in my capacity as a Volunteer.
- I will hold all confidential information that I may obtain, directly or indirectly, concerning clients, animals and staff. I agree not to seek to obtain confidential information from a client. I understand that an intentional or unintentional violation of confidentiality may result in disciplinary action, including my removal as a volunteer by the HSSET and/ or possible legal action by others (i.e., clients, customers).
- I will not bring guests or family members to the HSSET while I am on duty, unless they are accepted in the Volunteer Program.
- I will communicate any job-related problems, concerns, differences of opinion, conflicts, or suggestions to the Office Administrator or Shelter Manager.
- I will notify the Office Administrator as soon as possible if I choose to discontinue my volunteer service with the HSSET.
- I understand that the HSSET, without notice or hearing, may terminate my services as a Volunteer at any time, with or without cause.
Hold Harmless Release
- I understand that the handling of animals and other volunteer activities on behalf of the HSSET may place me in a situation where I, others accompanying me, other persons, my pets at home, or my personal property, may be injured or damaged resulting from aggressive, excited, unpredictable and/ or untrained shelter animals. On behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives and assigns, I hereby release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless, the HSSET, and their agents, board, employees, servants, volunteers and any and all other associates, from and against any and all actions, claims, causes of action and demands of any nature regarding person or property, in law or in equity which may result now or in the future from my and/ or my participation in Volunteer activities for the HSSET. I understand that this waiver includes any claims based on negligence, action or inaction of any of the parties. I expressly agree that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of State of Texas, and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
- Understanding that public relations are an important part of a Volunteer’s activities on behalf of the HSSET, I hereby authorize the HSSET to use any photographs of me in its possession for public relations purposes. I ask that the HSSET uses reasonable efforts to give me advance notice of any such use, but such notification is not a condition to release photographs for public relations purposes.