Auckland City Mission Terms and Conditions - Please Read
Together we stand with those in desperate need. We provide immediate relief and pathways to enable long term wellbeing.
Manaakitanga is behavior that acknowledges the mana of others as having equal or greater importance than one’s own, through the expression of aroha, hospitality, generosity and mutual respect.
Committed to equity, and seeking dignity for all we will fearlessly advocate with and for those who are going without.
Firstly, the Auckland City Mission recognises the principle of partnership within Te Tiriti O Waitangi.
Secondly, our commitment to partnership stems from a belief that manaakitanga, equity and social justice need to be pursued both within partnerships and through them.
For us partnership is characterised by mutual trust, integrity, respect, transparency and commitment.
Auckland City Mission’s responsibilities to you – we will:
- Provide appropriate supervision, support, training, information and resources to enable you to fulfill your duty and responsibility.
- Seek to resolve any problems that may arise while you are volunteering.
- Take all practicable steps to keep you safe from harm while you are volunteering.
Your general responsibilities to Auckland City Mission –you will:
Agree that your activity as volunteers will be unpaid
- Act in the best interests of the Mission at all times
- Make yourself and your team aware of, and follow, our policies and procedures, including those related to Health and Safety
- Take all practicable steps to ensure your safety and that of others when volunteering
- Maintain appropriate boundaries with Mission clients (No sharing of personal details)
- Not disclose any confidential information about the Mission or clients of the Mission
- Let us know during your shift if there is something bothering you. Give us the opportunity to resolve any issues as they arise.