Volunteer Policies and Agreements
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Mission Community Services!
As a volunteer at MCSS, you are expected to agree to all of the policies below:
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- If you are aged between 14-18 you must have parental/guardian written consent before you can volunteer.
- You are required to attend an in-person orientation session before you can attend a volunteer shift.
- A Criminal Record Check form will need to be completed when you register as a volunteer.
Volunteer Rights and Respect Policy
- Be treated with patience, understanding, dignity, and respect.
- Be treated equally regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, financial status, criminal history, immigration or family status.
- Everyone deserves a safe physical and emotional space. For everyone's safety, volunteers must never be impaired when volunteering for the MCSS and this applies to drugs (legal and illegal).
- To treat everyone including other volunteers, clients and MCSS staff with respect.
- Perform duties diligently and be on time.
- Contact your supervisor as soon as possible if you cannot make your shift.
- Accept direction and decisions made by MCSS staff.
- Ensure that you are always working in a safe environment, reporting unsafe conditions and practices to an MCSS staff.
- Follow all other MCSS policies and procedures.
- Authorize MCSS to contact the references listed by telephone or email and give permission to these references to release all relevant information requested.
Failure to comply with the Mission Community Services Volunteer Policy and Expectations may lead to temporary or permanent suspension from volunteer duties.