SCCR Code of Conduct
Note: 9.9.23 We have reached capacity for teen volunteers and are unable to accept applications for high school/scholarship/college required service learning hours for the 23-24 school year. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to be added to the Waitlist.
We are unable to provide court-ordered community service hours.
SCCR Code of Conduct
Please read the following statements. At the conclusion, you will be asked to acknowledge that you will abide by these statements before continuing the application process.
I agree to:
- Abide by the policies and procedures during the course of volunteer activities.
- Seek guidance or clarification if unclear about the mission, philosophy or practices of SCCR.
- Be responsible for reviewing all training and support media.
- Conduct myself appropriately in a professional manner while volunteering for SCCR, following and publicly supporting SCCR philosophies, policies, and practices.
- Represent Second City Canine Rescue and promise to not engage in any activity—whether physical, verbal or written—that may cause harm to the reputation of SCCR.
- Be a role model for the humane treatment of animals, at home as well as working with rescue animals.
- Accept supervision and support from SCCR Leadership when feedback is provided to ensure safety or to perform volunteer duties most effectively.
I authorize SCCR to:
- Seek emergency medical treatment for me in case of accident, injury or illness. If injured while acting as an unpaid member of the volunteer staff, volunteers are not covered by the insurance carrier for SCCR.
- Use any and all photographs taken of me to promote SCCR services and programs or to publicize any event. All prints, negatives and graphics files become the sole property of SCCR and may be used without payment or prior notification.
I understand that:
- The goal of volunteering is to engage and educate the public on the mission and philosophy of Second City Canine Rescue (SCCR) and my actions should always further the goal.
- SCCR welcomes and relies upon volunteer feedback. If I am in disagreement with any policy, philosophy or practice of SCCR, I agree to use the appropriate, established communication channels to share concerns or feedback in order to eliminate miscommunication or redundant efforts. The proper channel is to communicate with the Executive Director of SCCR—either in person, by phone, or email.
- SCCR records or discussion regarding previous and new pet owners are to be kept confidential.
- If bitten or witness a bite, it is my responsibility to report the bite immediately to the appropriate authorities in the jurisdiction in which the bite occurred.
- Failing to observe the above agreements along with the policies and procedures of SCCR could result in dismissal from the volunteer program.
Note: You will receive directions for accessing the on-demand modules to complete the application process immediately after you submit your application. Please check your spam or junk mail if you do not see an email from volunteer2mail.com in your inbox.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.