I hereby agree to serve as a volunteer for Mountain Humane located at 100 Croy Creek Rd, Hailey, ID, 83333 and/or the Barkin' Basement Thrift Store located at 111 S. Main St, Hailey, ID, 83333 under the following terms and conditions:
1. I will perform my volunteer duties with honesty, self-discipline, and professionalism. I will maintain high standards of humane, ethical treatment towards all animals at Mountain Humane.
2. I will donate my services to Mountain Humane without contemplation of compensation or future employment.
3. I will adhere to sign-in and scheduling procedures set forth by Mountain Humane, and agree to notify the Volunteer Coordinator when I am unable to work as scheduled. I will notify the Volunteer Coordinator if I choose to discontinue my volunteer services at Mountain Humane.
4. I have current medical insurance coverage and agree to be responsible for any medical care that I must seek as a result of my volunteer service at Mountain Humane.
5. In the event Mountain Humane is not able to timely reach my Emergency Contact, I authorize Mountain Humane to seek emergency medical treatment for me in case of an accident, injury, or illness.
6. I agree to report all injuries, bites and scratches that draw blood, immediately to a staff person.
7. I am medically, physically, and psychologically fit to work safely with animals and the public.
8. I acknowledge that during my volunteer services, I may become privy to private or confidential information regarding, but not limited to, Mountain Humane, its employees, impounded animals and customers/clients. I hereby agree to hold all such information in the strictest confidence and shall not disclose or discuss such private or confidential information with any third party.
9. I acknowledge receiving, reading, and understanding the Volunteer Handbook and agree to adhere to the Philosophy, Policies, and Procedures set forth in the handbook, as amended from time to time.
10. I understand the behavior of animals is sometimes unpredictable and some animals are capable of inflicting disease, serious personal injury, death or extensive property damage. I understand that my volunteer activities on behalf of Mountain Humane may place me in a hazardous situation and could result in injury to me or my personal property. I agree to indemnify, defend and hold Mountain Humane, and its agents, officers, directors, and employees free and harmless from all liability arising out of any and all claims, demands, losses, damages, action, judgments of every kind and description that may occur to or be suffered by me by reason of activities arising out of this agreement.
11. I further agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Mountain Humane, its agents, officers, directors, and employees harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, causes of action, damages, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and disbursements) and judgments made or incurred by or found against them, resulting from or arising out of: (i) any breach or default by me of any term or provision of this agreement; or (ii) any negligent or willful act or omission by me with respect to my services pursuant to this Agreement.
12. I understand that Mountain Humane, without notice or hearing, may terminate my volunteer position at any time, for any reason, with or without cause; provided, however, my confidentiality and indemnification obligations found in Sections 8, 10 and 11 of this Agreement shall survive such termination.
I fully understand, as part of my volunteer assignment and/or community service at Mountain Humane, that working with animals carries a risk of injury, and that it is possible that I will be bitten, scratched, and/or otherwise injured. I understand that Mountain Humane volunteer work puts me in direct contact with cleaning chemicals, which are caustic. My signature on this liability release attests to my intent to hold harmless and release from all liability Mountain Humane, its agents and assigns, from all acts, which are related to the normal performance of required and implied duties.