Please read our volunteer policies carefully:
Things to consider before applying to volunteer as a Music Mentor with A Sound Life
- I am 18 years of age and over.
- I have carefully considered my schedule to make sure that I am able to commit to 10 sessions whereby I understand my attendance will be required at least once a fortnight.
- I am willing and able to complete up to 8 hours of mentor training to learn about and understand the requirements of the mentor role.
- I am willing to complete a Police Check, which involves a $20 fee and complete a free Working with Children Check. I understand that completing a Working with Children Check will involve a trip to my local Service branch.
- I will be able to treat my commitment to volunteering similarly to the seriousness with which I treat my work obligations.
- I have adequate level of proficiency in one of the following: using a DAW, handling music equipment, recording and songwriting, instrument proficiency (e.g. in an instrument such as drums, singing, guitar, keyboard, percussion, or other etc), vocal coaching, creative coaching, navigating the music industry.