You have arrived to our Court community service application. Please click here for Personal/School volunteer application.
IMPORTANT: WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE A COMMUNITY SERVICE APPLICATION. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO NOTIFY THE COURT AND TERMINATE COMMUNITY SERVICE WITH ANY INDIVIDUAL AT ANY GIVEN TIME, FOR ANY REASON WE DEEM VALID.
- Please remember to bring your record sheet each time you come. Let the staff know when you are leaving so that they can document your record sheet.
- Community Service duties are NOT optional. Any duty assigned is expected to be completed as instructed.
- Community Service hours are scheduled in 2 hour increments during our normal business hours, unless otherwise approved. Work hours need to be scheduled in advance. If you are not scheduled then you may not be allowed to stay.
- If you are scheduled to work and are unable to make it; it is your responsibility to call or email at (firstname.lastname@example.org) to inform the staff. NO CALL/NO SHOWS ARE UNACCEPTABLE. If you do not arrive for your shift, you can be asked to leave the program and the Court will be notified.
- Foul or offensive language will not be tolerated.
- Work clothes such as a regular T-shirt, blue jeans, and sneakers are best suited. Shorts, tank-tops, or open toe shoes are not to be worn. You will be asked to change them before doing community service. Shirts must cover the stomach and back at all times and pants must not be worn below the underwear line. All clothing must be tasteful and non-offensive.
- Do not assist the public in any way; refer them to an employee. Do not handle the animals, computers, or other equipment unless advised by the staff.
- Cell Phones- talking, texting, and surfing the web is prohibited. If you need to make a phone call, you can use the phone at the shelter. MP3 players are fine before business hours as long as you are not in a kennel or otherwise instructed not to wear it.
- A badge will be issued to you once approved. This badge must be worn at all times while doing your service. Failure to wear assigned badge may result in termination of services.