You have reached our volunteer application for Personal and Student Volunteers. Click here if you are a court appointed volunteer.
Thank you for checking out our volunteer page! We are excited that you want to help us help the animals! Taking care of the animals and the people in our community is a group effort and we could not do it without you. We know you have a choice on how you spend your time and greatly appreciate you wanting to spend it with us!
There are a few things that we need you to know before you choose to become a volunteer:
- All volunteers need to attend a volunteer orientation which is done through the General Cleaning - Introduction activity. Introduction slots are of limited quantity each week.
- Anyone over the age of 10 can become a volunteer! Children between the ages of 10-16 will need to be accompanied by a parent or a legal guardian at all times (an application is needed for each person volunteering). Persons over the age of 16 are able to volunteer independently after attending the orientation with a parent or legal guardian.
- Volunteers will attend an orientation which will touch on our policies and procedures, show you several different aspects of our shelter, what and how we do things, volunteer opportunities, etc.
- Just like staff, volunteers are expected to uphold our mission and vision statements and represent the Tri-City Animal Shelter professionally.
- You must wear closed toed shoes, long pants, and appropriate shirts. You will receive an ID badge that must be worn at all times. You can purchase a volunteer t-shirt for $10 each.
If you are ready to get started, you can go ahead and create your account below! Thanks again for wanting to help us help the animals!