At the Town of Wasaga Beach, we strive to build lasting partnerships with our volunteers. To ensure mutual understanding, we ask that you read the Volunteer Policy below.
I understand that my volunteer services are valuable and agree to:
- Health and Safety - Follow perimeters of the task and work safely at all times. I understand I can refuse to perform any task of activity that I feel I am not trained or if I feel my health and safety maybe at risk
- Confidentiality - Consider any information (heard or seen, directly or indirectly) regarding staff, patrons, and other volunteers to be confidential
- Photo release - Understand in my Volunteer capacity I will be photographed and these photos may be published in all forms of media including but not limited to - newspaper, video, facebook, twitter, instagram
- Liability - I understand as a Volunteer I may be covered under the Town of Wasaga Beach insurance plan. Note: There is an age restriction stipulation in the Towns liability insurance plan that confirms the Town provides coverage to Volunteers up to age 80. After acceptance for a volunteer position with the Town of Wasaga Beach, each volunteer will be required to provide the necessary information to determine their eligibility for insurance coverage.
- Provide a current Police Check. (PVSC) required for all Town of Wasaga Beach Adult Volunteers. The process to obtain a Police Vulnerable Sector Check from the OPP detachment will be arranged at no charge to the Volunteer during the application process.
- Participate in Volunteer training opportunities provided by the Town of Wasaga Beach
- Be on time and ready to work on the scheduled date and time
- Check in and out for shifts and breaks
- Accept supervision and directions from my supervisor or their delegate
- Be respectful at all times
- Dress appropriately (wear volunteer t-shirts, name tag and clothing appropriate for my Volunteer responsibility.)
- Provide as much notice as possible if I am unable to attend a scheduled shift
- Notify the Volunteer Activities Programmer of any suggestions or concerns ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
As a volunteer, you are a very important addition in serving the community. We agree to:
- Treat you as a member of the team and support you in your volunteer role
- Train and supervise you in a safe and positive environment
- Provide you with suitable assignments with consideration for your personal interests and skills
- Listen to your suggestions and feedback, and to take your input seriously
- Provide recognition for a job well done.