Important information about Volunteering
Thank you for your interest in being a volunteer with IPC Health.
Requirements to volunteer
It is a requirement for ALL IPC Health volunteers to provide their immunisation history for the following:
- MMR (Measles Mumps Rubella)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Pertussis (Whooping Cough) vaccinated within the last 10 years
Usually you have either been immunised or had these during childhood. If you were born in the early 1990s and vaccinated in Australia at that time or after, these will appear on your Medicare Immunisation History. If not you can go to a doctor to organise a blood test which will show your immunity status. Whooping cough needs to be updated every 10 years so if you haven’t had this vaccination in that time you may need to get one.
- Hepatitis B antibodies > 10
Like the three above you probably had this immunisation as a child and it may appear in your immunisation history. However we need a current blood test for Hepatitis B to show that you have responded to the vaccination and created enough antibodies to make you immune.
- Covid 19 x 3 doses
- Influenza (Flu) for this year
These are free for some people this year. Once you have had them you will be provided with a vaccine certificate you can use as evidence.
IPC Health can reimburse out of pocket expenses for doctor's appointment, blood tests and catch up vaccines if needed. Just keep your receipts.
Creating your profile
Below you will be asked to create a user profile for IPC Health within our volunteer management system - Better Impact.
**Suggestions for your username - use your email address for this
Please keep the details of your username and password safe, as your will need these again in the future to change.
Volunteers have an important role to play within the organisation and this Volunteer Agreement has been developed to ensure that volunteers fully understand their rights and responsibilities. IPC Health asks volunteers to:
- Be reliable
- Respect confidentiality and privacy
- Read and understand applicable policies of the organisation
- Support the IPC Health commitment to the safety and well-being of all children accessing our services, giving the highest priority to the welfare of children in our care and striving to provide an environment where children feel valued and safe.
- Carry out tasks agreed to responsibly and ethically
- Attend relevant training as requested
- Give notice before ceasing to volunteer
I acknowledge, understand and agree that any information received from service providers, other staff or clients of IPC Health during my volunteer role is private and confidential information. I understand that if I am found to have breached this requirement, the organisation may immediately cease my volunteer role. I understand that as a volunteer, I have certain rights and responsibilities (as detailed in the Volunteer Rights and Responsibilities document). By accepting this, I acknowledge that I have read, understand and will comply with this agreement