Volunteer Policies & Requirements
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Rocky Mountain House Rabbit Rescue!
We are a 100% volunteer-driven organization, and every member of our diverse, bunny-loving team plays a crucial role in our mission to rescue, rehabilitate, and find loving forever homes for abandoned house rabbits. Our volunteer team also supports local house rabbit parents by providing a range of bunny-related supplies, services and support.
RMHRR Volunteer Policies & Requirements*
Volunteering at RMHRR provides a number of benefits, including helping animals, giving back to the community, and having a lot of fun with the bunnies!
To keep things running smoothly, we do have several important policies and requirements in place that apply to ALL volunteers. Please review the information below to determine if these policies and requirements will work for you.
Volunteer Team Requirements:
- Each bunny in our care is a unique and valuable individual. As such, all team members are expected to treat every bunny with the highest care and compassion, no exceptions.
- Each member of our volunteer team is a valuable contributor to RMHRR's mission. We treat all of our fellow team members with kindness and respect.
- We understand that persons in leadership positions within the organization have unique chapter and mission-related requirements they must meet. Therefore, we follow their directives with regard to care of the bunnies and all other organizational activities.
- We recognize that there are no paid staff members to cover work we volunteers don't get done. Therefore, we follow through on our volunteer commitments, and work to find substitutes in advance when we will not be available at our assigned shift time.
- All new volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of six months of volunteering.
- We generally ask all new volunteers to start with at least six shifts of bunny pen cleaning. This will give you the opportunity to get to know our bunnies and become more familiar with overall shelter operations. (If you are physically unable to participate in pen cleaning, let us know. We may be able to find another way for you to help!) NOTE: This requirement may be waived when we have an urgent need in another area.
Volunteer Training Requirements:
- Orientation: Onsite, two-hour orientation that is generally held on Saturday afternoons.
- Job Training: Generally onsite may or may not be held during the time of your regularly scheduled volunteer shift.
Additional Requirements for Youth Volunteers:
- Age 8-15: You will need an adult to volunteer with you at all times. This may be a parent/guardian, family member, or friend.
- Age 16-17: You will need to volunteer only when at least two adult volunteers are present.
PLEASE NOTE: Submitting an RMHRR Volunteer Application does not automatically register the applicant as an RMHRR volunteer. There may be certain qualifications each applicant must meet, including the acceptance of the above policies and requirements and the signing of a release of liability form.
If you have any questions regarding the RMHRR Volunteer Policies & Requirements, please contact Betsy Long, Recruitment & Retention Coordinator, at: email@example.com
*Last updated 06/22/23 - subject to change