If accepted as a Memorial Hermann Northeast Hospital Volunteer, I agree that:
In submitting this application for volunteer services of Memorial Hermann Northeast Hospital I am aware that serving as a volunteer is a privilege carrying with it high trust and related obligations. I agree to fulfill my service commitment and to conform to all rules and regulations of the volunteer service program.
- I hereby certify that all the information contained on this application is true and complete. I authorize the Memorial Hermann Healthcare System to contact all sources necessary to verify this information and to check references as it may see fit. I understand that any misstatement or omission on this application is cause for loss of volunteer privileges.
- I shall hold as absolutely confidential all information that I may obtain directly or indirectly concerning patients, doctors or personnel, and not seek to obtain confidential information from a patient.
- I understand that I must adhere to the Memorial Hermann Flu Campaign guidelines while volunteering at any Memorial Hermann facility.
- My services are donated to Memorial Hermann without contemplation of compensation or future employment.
- I understand that I am to wear an authorized Memorial Hermann Northeast Hospital Volunteer uniform and name badge, closed toe shoes and socks while volunteering. No blue jeans or denim of any color, or shorts are allowed.
- I understand that solicitation for charity, distribution of literature or distribution for sale of any type of goods, raffle tickets or the like, on Memorial Hermann owned or leased property will be prohibited at any time unless it is sponsored by the System.
- I will not seek from Doctors or Nurses professional advice for myself or my family while on duty. The privilege of being a volunteer does “not” include medical service.
- I shall be punctual and conscientious, conduct myself with dignity, courtesy and consideration of others, and endeavor to make my work professional in quality.
- Should I have any problems related to my volunteer activities, I will contact the Manager of Volunteer Services.
- I shall make my best effort to fulfill my commitment to the hospital by completing all assignments that I accept.
- I shall at all times uphold the Philosophy, Mission, Vision, Cultural and Behavioral Expectations of Memorial Hermann Health System.
- I understand that the Volunteer Services Department reserves the right to terminate my volunteer status as a result of: (a) failure to comply with hospital policies, rules and regulations; (b) failure to meet attendance commitment; (c) unsatisfactory attitude, work or appearance; or (d) any other circumstances which, in the judgment of the department director, would make my continued service as a volunteer contrary to the best interests of the hospital.