Thank you for your interest in becoming involved with in the life of a youth adoptee through the STAR Adoptee Mentorship Program!
Amara will review your application and references and ask you to complete a background check to ensure approved mentors are a good fit for the 2019 STAR Cohorts. If your application is accepted you will be contacted for a phone screening during our Open Recruitment period, starting in September 2018 (February 2019 for Pierce County). Although STAR Youth can submit an application on a rolling basis, STAR Mentor acceptance/denial solely occurs during our main recruitment period (King County: September - November, Pierce County: February - April).
- 21 years of age or older
- Is Adopted
- Provides two references
- Able to make a 1-year commitment to the program (45-50 hours total)
- Available on weekends for group outings and Mentor sessions
- Committed to developing relationships with adopted youth
- Have previous experience working with youth
Amara does not discriminate on the basis of gender identity, race, color, physical condition, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.
Important Dates (King County):
- Application Deadline - October 31, 2018
- Mentor Interviews will be conducted through November 2018
- Mandatory Mentor Orientation – December 9, 2018
- Mandatory Mentors Meet the Parents - December 12th, 6-8pm
- 1st Mentee/Mentor Outing (King Co.) – January 2019
**Dates will be updated to reflect our Pierce County timeline in January of 2019.
Due to occasional difficulties when applying via mobile device, we encourage all applicants to use a computer when completing this application.