BCIMS Volunteer Code of Conduct
The BCIMS Code of Conduct is a support for volunteers and contractors in their interactions and communications with each other and with attendees of BCIMS events.
Being a volunteer is an opportunity for relational practice of the Eight Fold Path. Communicating mindfully with kindness (metta), compassion (karuna), joyfulness (mudita) and equanimity (upekha), especially during challenging conversations, will support everyone who is engaged in the situation. No one is expected to be perfect and BCIMS is committed to supporting volunteers in this process.
As a volunteer I commit to:
- Maintaining ethical conduct, following the 5 Precepts throughout my volunteer work, welcoming and appreciating diverse perspectives.
- Attending for the entire duration of my shift.
- Following the directions of the supervising Volunteer Coordinator or Retreat Manager to the best of my ability.
- Bringing any concerns or difficulties to the Volunteer Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Retreat Director's (email@example.com) attention.
- Respecting the privacy of BCIMS contractors, teachers, other volunteers and event attendees.
- Refraining from promoting private business enterprises or personal services.