TELUS Spark Volunteer Program Terms
- All Spark volunteers must be a minimum of 16 years of age (with the exception of camps, for which we will consider individuals 14 and older), able to complete at least two 4-hour shifts per month, and willing to commit to volunteering for the full term agreed upon with their supervisor.
- Some positions require volunteers to be 18 years of age or older. Please be sure to read the requirements of each opportunity before filling out the application form.
- Spark has a standard interview and screening process for all applicants to the Volunteer Program.
- Volunteers 18 years of age and older are required to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check. Volunteers who turn 18 during the program agree to obtain a VSC at that time. The VSC application fee will be covered by Spark and instructions on how to apply will be provided.
- All new volunteers are required to attend an orientation session. Further/ongoing training may be necessary depending on the position.
- Not all candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you do not hear back from us at end of our current recruitment period, we thank you for your time and effort.
- Spark’s Volunteer Program has a three-month trial period. Spark reserves the right to discontinue working with a volunteer during this time for any reason.
- By completing and submitting an application form, you consent to Spark storing and using your personal information to assess your suitability as a potential volunteer and, if you are accepted, for administration related to your volunteer activities, communicating with you and sharing information about what's happening at Spark, and reporting your volunteer contributions while you are a volunteer at Spark and after your volunteer engagement has ended. If we need to share your information with a third party, we will request your explicit permission to do so. You have the ability to change your personal information in your account after you have submitted an application. If you have any questions about the privacy of personal volunteer information at Spark, please contact email@example.com