Terms and Conditions
We are currently at capacity for volunteers. You will be placed on a waiting list until we have a need for more volunteers.
Please keep in mind:
- We do not accept court ordered community service hours.
- You must be 16 years old or older to volunteer.
- All volunteers must wear closed toed shoes. Sandals are not allowed.
- We do have lockers on site to secure your belongings, but you will need to bring a lock.
Our terms and conditions are as follow:
- I understand that the Surrey Food Bank (SFB) or myself may terminate this relationship at any time without notice.
- I agree to abide by the Volunteer Policies and Procedures of the SFB.
- I agree to keep confidential all information that I encounter during the course of volunteering with the SFB.
- The information that I am providing may be verified, and I give permission to the SFB to make inquiries of others, which may include a criminal records check to determine my suitability to act as a SFB volunteer.
- I understand that working in a warehouse environment includes some risk of physical injury. Thus, I hereby release the SFB, its staff, board members and directors from any and all liability and/or responsibility for any accidents, injuries or illness that I may sustain while I am performing the duties of a volunteer.
- I understand that as a volunteer I am NOT covered under Workers Compensation.
- I affirm that I have read the above and that the information I give is true and complete.