Terms and Conditions
- We do not accept court ordered community service hours.
- You must be 16 years old or older to volunteer.
- All volunteers must wear closed toed shoes. Sandals are not allowed.
- We do have lockers on site to secure your belongings, but you will need to bring a lock.
Our terms and conditions are as follow:
- I understand that the Surrey Food Bank (SFB) or myself may terminate this relationship at any time without notice.
- I agree to abide by the Volunteer Policies and Procedures of the SFB.
- I agree to keep confidential all information that I encounter during the course of volunteering with the SFB.
- The information that I am providing may be verified, and I give permission to the SFB to make inquiries of others, which may include a criminal records check to determine my suitability to act as a SFB volunteer.
- I understand that working in a warehouse environment includes some risk of physical injury. Thus, I hereby release the SFB, its staff, board members and directors from any and all liability and/or responsibility for any accidents, injuries or illness that I may sustain while I am performing the duties of a volunteer.
- I understand that as a volunteer I am NOT covered under Workers Compensation.
- I affirm that I have read the above and that the information I give is true and complete.
Please note that the Surrey Food Bank (SFB) abides by the BC Legislation Guidelines under the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) and is committed to respecting the privacy of our volunteers. The collection of personal information is solely used to create and maintain an active volunteer file.
SFB will not use this information other than for communication regarding volunteering opportunities and/or support of SFB in administering the volunteering relationship.
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com if you have any further questions.