- I have taken into account the minimum requirements of the role I have applied for and consider myself able to undertake the duties required to fulfil this role.
- I agree to inform Wood Green of any change that may affect my ability to carry out the role. Volunteers applying for roles with tasks taking place with or near our animals should ensure they have an up to date tetanus vaccination.
The following are the minimum criteria for referees:
- Both referees must be over 18 and ideally be able to provide as much information in their answers as possible. The information given will be used to make a positive decision in the interest of both you and the Charity
- Referee 1 can be your friend or family member
- Referee 2 must have known you for more than one year in a professional capacity (i.e. someone with something to lose by giving an untrue reference).
- They could be a former/present employer, teacher or contact at college/university, group leader, doctor, health visitor, religious leader, or from the job centre etc.
- At present, people under the age of 14 can't volunteer for the charity due to Wood Green's insurance cover. If you are younger than 16, you can only volunteer within one of the charity shops, again due to insurance reasons. Certain roles have an 18+ age restriction on them, which will be made clear in the details of the role. Applicants below the age of 18 must provide the details of their parent or guardian as Referee 1 so their consent can be sought before volunteering commences.
- I fully understand that should I be selected for this volunteer role that no contract will exist between Wood Green and me as a volunteer, and the agreement to volunteer is binding in honour only and may be cancelled at any time at the discretion of either party.
- Wood Green maintains the right to turn down any potential volunteer where they fall short of requirements, another candidate better meets what the Charity is looking for or the applicant’s involvement represents a significant risk to themselves or others which cannot be reduced to a satisfactory level.
- All data provided will be stored in a manner that is GDPR compliant.
- By ticking the 'Agree' box you are agreeing to the statements above.