Express Foster Agreement
Fostering is a crucial part of the animal rescue world. It's also extremely rewarding, for you and for the animals. Pet foster parents open their homes to animals in need of medical care, behavior training, some extra love, or those that just need to grow.
No matter what your lifestyle and pace, there is a pet that is a perfect fit for a foster home. We do our best to set each foster parent up for success with his or her individual circumstance.
In consideration for this opportunity to be a Foster Parent for Manatee County Animal Welfare ("MCAW"), I understand and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I agree to initially keep my pets separated from my foster pet unless introduced at the shelter, or advised by MCAW.
- I agree to bring my foster(s) in once monthly for flea/heartworm prevention.
- I agree to keep all foster pets confined in a manner which is consistent with our county animal ordinance.
- I agree to inform MCAW of any medical situation regarding the foster(s). Should my foster pet(s) become ill while in my care, I will contact the Foster Coordinator to discuss treatment PRIOR to seeing a veterinarian. Failure to do so will result in costs that MCAW will not reimburse.
- I agree to provide MCAW with copies of any medical treatment received.
- I understand that fosters belong to MCAW and that I may not under any circumstances transfer, sell, or give these pets away.
- I agree to follow any decision made by MCAW regarding the return of the foster(s).
- I agree to assist with finding a forever home if applicable. With prior approval, my foster pet and I will meet with possible adopters either at MCAW or an approved location.
- I certify that no person residing in the household where the animal(s) will be fostered has ever been charged with or convicted of animal cruelty, neglect, or abandonment.
- I understand that MCAW is not responsible for any damages, illness, diseases and/or injuries occurring due to the foster pet(s). Any damages, illness, diseases, and/or injuries will be my responsibility, and MCAW will not pay for any medical bills if an owned pet needs treatment.