Express Foster Agreement
Please note that at this time we are seeking experienced handlers with no children or pets in the home that can take in a medium/large mixed breed dog.
In consideration for this opportunity to be a Foster Parent for Manatee County Animal Services ("MCAS"), I understand and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I agree to initially keep my pets separated from my foster pet unless introduced at the shelter, or advised by MCAS
- I agree to bring my foster(s) in once monthly for flea/heartworm prevention
- I agree to keep all foster pets confined in a manner which is consistent with our county animal ordinance
- I agree to inform MCAS of any medical situation regarding the foster(s). Should my foster pet(s) become ill while in my care, I will contact the Foster Coordinator to discuss treatment PRIOR to seeing a veterinarian. Failure to do so will result in costs that MCAS will not reimburse.
- I agree to provide MCAS with copies of any medical treatment received.
- I understand that fosters belong to MCAS and that I may not under any circumstances transfer, sell, or give these pets away.
- I agree to follow any decision made by MCAS regarding the return of the foster(s).
- I agree to assist with finding a forever home if applicable. With prior approval, my foster pet and I will meet with possible adopters either at MCAS or an approved location.
- I certify that no person residing in the household where the animal(s) will be fostered has ever been charged with or convicted of animal cruelty, neglect, or abandonment.
- I understand that MCAS is not responsible for any damages, illness, diseases and/or injuries occurring due to the foster pet(s). Any damages, illness, diseases, and/or injuries will be my responsibility, and MCAS will not pay for any medical bills if an owned pet needs treatment.