PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING TO VOLUNTEER AT BLUESFEST 2019!
Things you need to know before signing up to volunteer at Bluesfest 2019
- You must be over 18 years old to apply
- You are committing to 25 hours of volunteer work. This work is for one ‘5-day ticket’, which is not transferable, nor for exchange for single one-day tickets.
- You are responsible for your own accommodation and transportation (there is limited discounted vollie camping and it does and will fill up quickly, it's first in best dressed! Alternative accommodation options include: buying a Bluesfest camping only ticket or finding accommodation elsewhere in neighboring towns)
There are two volunteer work options:
During festival Volunteer
5 hour shift on each day of the 5 day festival (Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon)
You must be available to volunteer on ALL 5 DAYS
25 hours of pre-festival work
We will do our best to match your experience, skills & talents to the tasks at hand however you may be required to perform one or varying roles.
DURING FESTIVAL VOLUNTEERING WORK
You must be available
During festival volunteer work areas and roles
You may be assigned to different jobs each day however will generally be in a team focused on one of these tasks.
PRE-FESTIVAL VOLUNTEER WORK PRE-FEST NOW FULL
You are required to
Pre-Festival volunteer work areas and roles
Previous experience with event setup and/or formal relevant training is very favourable. Pre-festival work is generally very physical, has high elemental exposure and long workdays.
Please note that as a ‘during festival’ volunteer if your application is successful, you will be required to commit to a $180 bond when you register (more instructions later). The bond is only forfeited in the event of misconduct and as a result, you are removed from the volunteering team.
A bond commitment from volunteers helps to ensure we have a secure and honest volunteer team to help run the event and minimizes disruptions for the volunteering team and the festival.
Good conduct is
- Turning up 15 - 30 mins before your shift starts
- Being prepared for your shift when signing on (wearing closed shoes, fed/hydrated, post bathroom/toilet)
- Signing on for your shift at the correct rostered time with your team leader and being escorted to your work place.
- Fulfilling your duties in the role you have been assigned too, staying at your post at all times during your shift and/or following provided instructions.
- Signing off at the end of your 5 hour shift without delay with your team leader (not before or sometime after)
- Always adhering to Bluesfest volunteering process, conditions, Health & Safety Policy and the law.
- Having fun, interacting & enjoying the festival!
CLICK HERE FOR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS