ANIMAL COMPANIONS INC WA is an NFP organisation that accredits volunteer handlers and their pet dogs to visit allocated facilities on a weekly, fortnightly or occasional basis. We are not involved in training / accrediting assistance dogs for disabled people.
This policy only comes into effect when the volunteer and their dog pass the assessment, are offered a place and complete the training seminar.
Animal Companions Inc will:-
- Provide information and assistance to prepare the volunteer and their dog for assessment.
- Provide the volunteer team accreditation by formal assessment and training.
- Provide a uniform Polo Shirt and identification badge for the volunteer.
- Provide Public Liability insurance and Volunteer Insurance.
- Provide ongoing support, training and other actives for the volunteer and their dog.
- Maintain contact with the facilities visited by the volunteer and their dog.
The Volunteer will:-
- Visit regularly as agreed with the facility.
- Inform the facility if they are unable to visit.
- Only visit when the team is healthy and well presented.
- Wear the AC uniform top and carry the AC accreditation ID badge on every visit.
- Report to the facility's nominated person at every visit, or as agreed with the facility.
- Only visit with their accredited dog and only one accredited dog per accredited volunteer.
- Maintain individuals' rights to privacy and confidentiality.
- Complete the visit reports quarterly or log their hours on Better Impact.
- Be responsible for their dog at all times.
- Return their accreditation ID badges when they leave Animal Companions.
Volunteers are members of the organisation. Membership is paid annually in February and membership is cancelled if not paid.
Notwithstanding anything contained in this agreement, Animal Companions may withdraw a Volunteer's accreditation at any time by serving a notice in writing to the Volunteer's address. The Volunteer may withdraw from visiting or retire from Animal Companions at any time by giving notice in writing to Animal Companions.