Volunteer Policies and Requirements
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer with us at Siloam Mission!
Due to COVID-19 Our volunteer program has slowly re-introduced individuals to help in selected areas. Shifts are limited and on a first come first serve. If you are a Primary Health Care Provider looking to help out in our Saul Sair Health Centre, please fill out our Specialized Volunteer Application Form on our website, www.siloam.ca/volunteer.
After completing the Volunteer application form, you will be required to complete the Volunteer Orientation part 1. After completing the application form, you will receive email links to 3 eLearning modules. Part 2 of the Volunteer Orientation is currently on hold due to COVID-19 but we will provide a simplified training on your first shift.
Please be advised if you do not complete Part 1 and 2 of Volunteer Orientation within six months of applying or have no service hours within one year, your application will automatically expire and you will have to reapply online, or via 204-956-4344 ext. 2210 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All volunteers at Siloam Mission must:
- Be compassionate towards the people using our services
- Complete either an individual or group application form
- Complete the volunteer orientation e-modules and in person training with a tour
- Agree to respect and not detract from our Statement of Beliefs
- Agree to the Siloam Mission Oath of Confidentiality
- Agree to follow Siloam Mission’s volunteer policies, dress code and safety parameters
- Schedule their volunteer time with a Volunteer Services staff prior to volunteering
- Registered volunteers must refrain from using the services of Siloam Mission
- Volunteers that are part of Transition Services must fill out the Transition Services Volunteer Agreement
- Agree or disagree to Photo Waiver
- Agree to follow COVID-19 Safety measures as mandated by Shared Health MB at Siloam
If you’re experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, contact your local public health authority and isolate yourself at home for 14 days to avoid spreading it to others. Most people with mild symptoms will recover on their own.
Adults and children who have mild COVID-19 symptoms are able to stay at home with a caregiver throughout their recovery without needing hospitalization. If you’re a caregiver, follow the advice on how to care for someone with COVID-19 at home.
Volunteer Services reserves the right to remove a volunteer and reassign or dismiss a volunteer if the volunteer is not adhering to policies.
*If you are currently using services and would like to help out, please speak with a Drop In staff to learn how you can get involved! You may choose to stop using services and register to volunteer at any time please feel free to contact email@example.com for more information*