Volunteer Policies and Requirements
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer with us at Siloam Mission!
Due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19, we have asked all volunteers to remain at home for the foreseeable future and all volunteer shifts are closed. We will contact those who have completed application forms once it is safe to do so and invite them to complete Orientation. If you are a Primary Health Care Provider looking to help out in our Saul Sair Health Centre, please fill out our Specialized Volunteer Application Form on our website, www.siloam.ca/volunteer.
After completing the Volunteer application form, you will be required to complete the Volunteer Orientation part 1 and 2. After completing the application form, you will receive email links to 3 eLearning modules. Once these are completed you are required to complete Part 2. Part 2 of the Volunteer Orientation is a one hour session including a facilities tour, a review of available volunteer opportunities and training on how to volunteer at Siloam Mission. Orientation Part 2 is currently suspended due to COVID-19.
Please be advised if you do not complete Part 1 and 2 of Volunteer Orientation within six months of applying or have no service hours within one year, your application will automatically expire and you will have to reapply via 204-956-4344 ext. 2210 or email@example.com.
All volunteers at Siloam Mission must:
- Be compassionate towards the people using our services
- Complete either an individual or group application form
- Complete the volunteer orientation e-modules and in person training with a tour
- Agree to respect and not detract from our Statement of Beliefs
- Agree to the Siloam Mission Oath of Confidentiality
- Agree to follow Siloam Mission’s volunteer policies, dress code and safety parameters
- Schedule their volunteer time with a Volunteer Services staff prior to volunteering
- Registered volunteers must refrain from using the services of Siloam Mission
- Volunteers that are part of Transition Services must fill out the Transition Services Volunteer Agreement
- Agree or disagree to Photo Waiver
Volunteer Services reserves the right to remove a volunteer and reassign or dismiss a volunteer if the volunteer is not adhering to policies.
*If you are currently using services and would like to help out, please speak with a Drop In staff to learn how you can get involved! You may choose to stop using services and register to volunteer at any time please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information*