Please read the following document before proceeding:
The River Thame Conservation Trust agrees to the following:
- To provide adequate information and training to allow the volunteer to perform assigned tasks.
- To provide health and safety information necessary for the volunteer to undertake the task.
- To respect the skills and needs of the volunteer, and to do our best to adjust tasks to individual’s requirements.
- To provide feedback to volunteers on the results of the data they have gathered.
- To deal with information about volunteers confidentially at all times.
The volunteer agrees to the following:
- I have read and understood the River Thame Conservation Trust’s Volunteer Health & Safety Guidance.
- I agree to read and implement the Biosecurity Information for Volunteers to protect the health of the water bodies I am surveying.
- I understand that I am under no obligation to carry out voluntary work for the River Thame Conservation Trust, nor is the River Thame Conservation Trust obligated to use me as a volunteer.
- I understand that the work may involve manual activities outdoors, and I am fit and healthy enough to carry out the voluntary work that I will be involved in. I will inform the River Thame Conservation Trust of any special risks or requirements.
- I understand I may be privy to confidential and sensitive information about the Trust that is not public knowledge. I agree to respect the requirements for confidentiality all times.
- I will partake in any required training to carry out the planned activities safely.
- I understand that I should not do anything that I do not feel able to do safely.
- I understand that I should not put others or myself in danger during the course of any voluntary activities.
- I consent to my personal details being held by the River Thame Conservation Trust, including in electronic form and for the River Thame Conservation Trust to be able to contact me about volunteering opportunities and work updates. Volunteer details will not be passed on to third parties without the consent of the volunteer.
- I understand that any data I collect will be stored by the River Thame Conservation Trust. Records may be sent to National Biodiversity Network LINK, Local Record Centres and natural recording groups.
- I agree to look after and return equipment loaned to me by the River Thame Conservation Trust when asked or when I stop volunteering for the Trust.