Confidentiality, Boundaries and Volunteer Agreements
Confidentiality, Boundaries, and Volunteer Agreements
As an Inn from the Cold volunteer, I may be exposed to information of a confidential nature concerning Inn from the Cold, its guests, employees, other volunteers, or donors. I will hold in strictest confidence any and all such information. This applies to any, and all information, in whatever form including, without limitation, written, audio, or visual format or any information received verbally or through observation.
The written consent of a guest, employee, volunteer or donor of Inn from the Cold is required before information with respect to such person may be shared with any person that is not an employee of Inn from the Cold.
As a volunteer with Inn from the Cold, I agree to:
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality and privacy of information regarding any guests, employees, volunteers, or donors of Inn from the Cold;
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality and privacy of any documents pertaining to Inn from the Cold, its guests, employees, volunteers, or donors;
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality of any financial information of Inn from the Cold;
- Respect and maintain the rights of others and their property, including the property of Inn from the Cold or its related parties;
- Respect and abide by the volunteer policies and procedures of Inn from the Cold.
A breach of this agreement could result in disciplinary action, including, without limitation, dismissal from volunteer service at Inn from the Cold.
Inn from the Cold encourages and recognizes the value of volunteers building relationships with employees, other volunteers, and guests at Inn from the Cold. Inn from the Cold works to ensure healthy boundaries and safety for all such persons.
All interaction between a volunteer and guests must be limited to activities that are reasonably considered part of the volunteer's assigned position.
Boundaries help make the relationship safe for volunteers and guests and set the parameters for programs and services.
Volunteers should professionally conduct themselves exercising prudent judgment and should diligently perform their duties. As a volunteer at Inn from the Cold, I agree to the following boundaries:
- I will refrain from meeting with a guest outside of Inn from the Cold's facilities.
- I shall not take a guest to any location in my vehicle unless specific arrangements are made through the Volunteer Coordinator.
- I shall not enter into a dating, sexual, or otherwise inappropriate relationship with a guest, nor will I offer guests a place to stay.
- I shall not give away any personal information concerning myself, other volunteers, or employees (including, without limitation, last name, phone numbers, email, or address); and
- I shall not lend or give money to guests.
A guest's breach of any of these boundaries should be reported immediately to the Volunteer Coordinator. A violation of this agreement could result in disciplinary action, including, without limitation, dismissal from volunteer service at Inn from the Cold.
In signing the Inn from the Cold Volunteer Agreement:
- I acknowledge I have read the Inn from the Cold Volunteer Handbook and other role-specific documents. Furthermore, I understand their content, will adhere to their guidelines, and respect the policies and procedures outlined within.
- I acknowledge I have read and understood the Inn from the Cold's Confidentiality Agreement and agree to abide by the terms therein.
- 3. I acknowledge I have read and understood the Inn from the Cold's Boundaries Agreement and agree to abide by the terms therein.
- I waive and release Inn from the Cold and its administrators, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, and other volunteers from and against any damage to property, personal injury or death, action, claim, cost, expense, or liability of whatever kind or nature that I may have, have had, or may have arise out of, or occurring in connection with my participation in any program or activity of Inn from the Cold, due to any cause whatsoever, including, but not limited to negligence, breach of contract, or breach of any statutory or other duty of care.
- I understand that Inn from the Cold will not assume responsibility or liability for any loss or damage to my personal property while I am in the course of volunteering for Inn from the Cold.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to inform Inn from the Cold staff of any incidents occurring which may directly or indirectly threaten the safety and security of any Inn from the Cold employee, volunteer, or guest.
- I agree to respect the diversity of Inn from the Cold's guests and their chosen religious or spiritual affiliation. Therefore, I will refrain from distributing any religious reading material and only address religious or spiritual matters if a guest has directly asked me to do so.
- I shall refrain from capturing guest images in whatever form, including and without limitation, audio or visual, whether or not a guest has granted permission.
- I authorize Inn from the Cold to utilize my (or my child's) photographic or video image and/or personal story for media, marketing, and fundraising purposes. I understand and agree that:
- The images and/or stories shared could be utilized in a variety of Inn from the Cold's marketing materials – including but not limited to print publications, electronic newsletters, videos, Web site, and social media content – and could be used in radio, print, or television media.
- The images and or/stories shared can be reproduced, reprinted, and re-used on an ongoing basis, as needed.
- Inn from the Cold is not required to provide any marketing materials for my review or approval prior to publication or release.
- Further, I understand that I will receive no compensation for the use of the said image(s) and/or stories.
Acceptance of Volunteer Agreement
I acknowledge I have read and fully understand the contents of this agreement.