Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services
- Minimum age requirement: 14 years old and currently in Grade 8 or higher.
- A Criminal Record Check will be required if you are 19 years or older and no longer in high school.
- If you are 18 years or younger you will need to complete a Youth Volunteer Consent Form unless the aforementioned condition applies.
- Perform duties promptly and be on time.
- Communicate respectfully with both participants and staff.
- Give advance notice if you cannot attend your shift.
- Accept direction and decisions of the Volunteer Supervisor.
- Maintain the integrity of the agency, and respect all confidence of employer and participants.
- Follow the policies and procedures as outlined in the Volunteer Manual.
- All volunteers have the responsibility to prevent accidents and injuries by; observing safe practices and procedures, reporting unsafe conditions and practices and taking an active role in ensuring the safety of themselves, other volunteers, participants and city staff.
Cell Phone and Social Media
- Please refrain from using your cell phone while you are volunteering.
- It is not appropriate to use your personal communication devices or personal media accounts to communicate with program participants.
Privacy and Anti Spam Disclaimer
- Personal information is collected and used for the purpose of administering the City of Burnaby’s volunteer programs.
- The City of Burnaby is collecting this information under s.26 (c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Please be aware that any information collected may be stored on servers belonging to Better Impact.
- Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) requires that no electronic messages with any degree of commercial content can be sent without you first providing your express consent to receive a commercial electronic message (CEM) through an email, phone, instant messaging service etc. The completion of an application with the City of Burnaby volunteer program indicates informed consent to receiving email messages.
If you wish to unsubscribe from email messages, you can do so by ending your volunteer relationship.
For questions regarding the collection of Personal Information and receipt of electronic messages please contact:
Pierrette Hodnett | Records and Information Administrator | Department of the City Clerk | City of Burnaby | 4949 Canada Way, Burnaby BC V5G 1M2 | FOI@burnaby.ca | Office 604-294-7290
I understand that if I do not agree with the above commitments my volunteer duties with Arena Services may be terminated.