City of Thunder Bay Volunteer Policies
As a volunteer with the City of Thunder Bay:
- You understand that for volunteer positions of trust, successful applicants (18 years and over) must pass a Police Records Check.
- You give permission to use any photos or video taken during volunteering for promotional purposes. This is including but not limited to: City website, City social media pages, and promotional print materials.
- You understand that any breach of confidentiality regarding any information about participants is a cause for dismissal.
- You understand that training is an essential part of volunteering, but not counted as volunteer hours.
- You understand and agree to comply with your roles & responsibilities of your volunteer position as stated in the Volunteer Handbook.
Any personal information the City of Thunder Bay collects is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001. Personal information is collected in compliance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The personal information collected is for the purpose of maintaining a record of individuals interested in volunteer activities. Please note your contact information may be made available to all clients of Better Impact that you have selected for your volunteer experience. This information will be made available only to those organizations that you have selected. None of your personal information will be shared, rented, sold or otherwise released to any third party without your consent.