The USTA National Campus Center will be driven by the dedicated volunteers who help us provide the best guest experience every day. From Jr tennis and Adult League tournaments to Collegiate and Pro Circuit Events our volunteers will do more than just donate their time and resources - they form the roots that connect us to the communities that spark our future growth in American tennis.
In order to promote American tennis and create memorable experiences for everyone, our Ambassadors will need to:
- Possess an outgoing and engaging personality with strong speaking skills while still maintaining a respectful and professional demeanor.
- Engage in dialogue about the National Campus itself, and tournaments hosted here.
- Answer questions and offer performance suggestions that will enhance the guest experience
- Relay pertinent facts on the various programs we have to offer, court fees, times, and events currently featured at the National Campus.
Basics of Good Service
- Never make the guest feel they are stealing your time.
- Never use slang or terms that the guest will not understand.
- Never use phrases as “hang on”, “wait a minute”, “yeah”, or “ok”.
- Never act bored, angry, or impolite.
- Never let facial expressions show a negative emotion.
- Always suggest politely rather than give orders.
- Remember there are no rules for our guests; a guest does not have to do anything.
- Never become angry with a guest. If an unpleasant situation does occur politely excuse yourself and call you manager.
- Treat all guests in a professional and polite manner; it is unprofessional to be too friendly.
- Always make the guests feel they are receiving individual attention rather than routine service.
- Always be calm under adverse conditions.
- SMILE, SMILE, SMILE.
- Energize our “Purpose” statement.
"We inspire a love for American tennis by creating memorable experiences for everyone”