Thank you for your willingness to work as a volunteer in the Winter Shelter project. We want this to be a positive experience for you as well as for the guests. Please read the following and indicate your agreement to this Policy before completing the application form via the MyImpact login below:
- I will read and comply with the Winter Shelter policies and procedures.
- I will not share my personal contact details (phone, email, home address etc) with a guest.
- I will not lend or give money to guests.
- I will hold in confidence the personal stories which are shared with me by guests, unless I believe that there is an issue of personal safety, or the safety of other guests or volunteers is at risk. In this instance, I will talk to the shift leader. I will not share personal information or photographs of guests or volunteers on social media.
- I will respect the privacy of guests’ personal information contained in their Guest Agreement and kept on file. I will not share this information with any other party.
- I will treat everyone without judgement, with dignity, respect and care.
- I recognise the vulnerability of guests and will respect their personal space.
- I will arrive on time for my rostered shift and will notify the Venue Coordinator if I am unable to do so. I will give as much notice as possible if I am unable to work my shift, so that a replacement can be found.
- I will register my attendance on shift.
- I will take responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of myself, guests and volunteers at the Shelter.
- I will not be alone with a guest.
- I will carry out the duties assigned to me as a volunteer to the best of my ability.
- I accept that the security of personal possessions brought into the shelter are my own responsibility (valuables should be left at home).
To continue to sign up as a volunteer, you will need to create a MyImpact account below if you don't already have one.