Kettle Volunteer Policies
Before you sign up to volunteer for the Christmas Kettles, please read our following volunteer policies, and check the box below that you accept these.
- Age - If you are under the age of 16 you must bring someone 18+ to accompany you during your volunteer shift.
- Dress Code - Please dress appropriately for your location (indoors/outdoors) and wear the provided volunteer apron while at the kettle.
- Safety - Please do not engage with anyone who may threaten you. Back away slowly from the kettle and call 911 or store staff/security only when you feel it is safe to do so.
- Policies- Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted while volunteering for the Kettle Coordinator.
- Your Kettle - The location of your kettle stand has been set by the Kettle Coordinator and should not be moved. Do not leave your kettle unattended.
- Canceling a Shift - If you have to cancel your shift or leave early, please call the Kettle Coordinator Contact.
- End of Shift - If your shift is over and your relief has not arrived call the Kettle Coordinator.
- Interaction & Engagement - Smile, make eye contact with people passing by, say "Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays", and "Thank You". Please do not hand out any tracts of items other than what is provided by The Salvation Army.