Pet Resource Center Waiver of Liability
I understand and acknowledge the following terms and conditions are applicable to my temporary volunteer service at Hillsborough County’s Pet Resource Center.
- All services performed by me will be performed on a strictly voluntary basis, and I will receive no remuneration, pay, or compensation of any kind.
- I will not be an employee of PRC, nor will I receive any employment benefits at PRC. However, should an injury occur, as a volunteer I agree to be covered under the County’s workers’ compensation program and its providers for my care.
- Volunteers are expected to follow all rules, policies, and instruction. PRC reserves the right to dismiss a volunteer at any time, with or without cause.
- I will abide by the mission, rules, regulations, policies, and programs of PRC while volunteering.
- I will not conduct or participate in illegal activity on any PRC property or at a PRC-sponsored event.
- PRC volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and I affirm that I meet this requirement. (Applicants 16-17 years of age may still volunteer with use of a Minor Waiver.)
- PRC strongly recommends: (1) that I keep my tetanus immunization current; and (2) that I ensure that any dogs and/or cats that live with me are up to date on immunizations.
I understand that my volunteer work for PRC will be contingent upon the results of a background check. I certify that I have not been convicted of, nor am I currently charged with, any of the following crimes:
- any felony within the past five (5) years;
- drug-related offenses, robbery, burglary, theft, fraud, or money laundering within the past five (5) years;
- an offense against any person at any time; or
- cruelty to animals or other conduct prohibited under Chapter 828 of the Florida Statues, at any time
I acknowledge that I will not bring anyone who has not gone through the volunteer onboarding process with me in my volunteer duties at PRC or at PRC Events unless prior written approval from Volunteer Supervisor is given.
I understand and agree that as a volunteer for PRC that: (1) in handling animals and performing other volunteer tasks there is a risk of injury, including physical harm or death, and that all services performed by me will be done at my own risk; (2) PRC and its assignees, agents, employees, contractors and representatives shall incur no liability of any nature as a result of my volunteering for PRC, including costs and legal fees. Additionally, I hereby give permission for emergency medical care to be rendered to me, by trained professionals, if necessary, as part of the workers’ compensation safety and medical provisions.
I understand that the goal of PRC is to enhance community prosperity by protecting the people and pets of Hillsborough County. Decisions made by the staff are the final determination in the care of any animal. I understand that PRC is an open admission facility and though the attempt is made to save as many animals as possible, euthanasia is at times needed when: (1) it is medically indicated to alleviate pain and suffering as determined by a veterinarian; (2) an animal is declared a Dangerous Dog by Animal Control; or (3) an animal has demonstrated behaviors that would put people at risk of serious injury or death. I understand and accept that not every animal will be saved. I will be respectful to the employees who must make the difficult decisions on euthanasia and will not criticize or disparage the shelter or staff while volunteering or publicly on social media. Violation of this clause will result in the dismissal of the volunteer.
I understand that public relations is an important part of volunteering at PRC. I consent to the possibility of appearing in still or motion pictures and I understand that my first name and/or photo may be used for educational, promotional, or other purposes related to the mission of the organization. However, I understand that I may not seek media or participate in media for the County or PRC unless authorized by the Communications and Digital Media Department.
If I post on social media, I agree to post only management-approved animals for the purposes of helping them get adopted or fostered. My posts will be personal in nature and not written to appear to be representing PRC or the County. I will refrain from posting any information about animals that has not been approved for adoption, foster, or rescue without permission from the director (this includes my personal sites). I will not post information about animals which are the subject of any investigation, court case, or special hold; and understand that if I do post this restricted information I will be dismissed as a volunteer. I understand it is strongly discouraged to use disparaging comments while at PRC or on social media.
I understand that this application provides guidance and seeks to define expectations. It does not create a contract for my volunteer service. I understand that if accepted, I am obliged to comply with all current and subsequently adopted policies. I understand that if accepted, my volunteer service is maintained at the pleasure of PRC and that I may be dismissed at any time for any reason, with or without notice, and with or without cause. I understand that no person is authorized to change any of the terms mentioned in this application.
I certify that the information given by me on this application is accurate and complete to the best of my knowledge and is made in good faith. I understand that falsification on this application may result in rejection or termination from the volunteer program regardless of how or when discovered. I hereby give permission to PRC to verify any information included in this application, including a background check if warranted. I understand that if I do not follow the Volunteer Guidelines and Rules of PRC, I may be dismissed from the volunteer program. I also agree to immediately notify PRC if I should be charged or convicted of a crime involving dishonesty, breach of trust, controlled substances, sexual misconduct, abuse, violence, or violation under Chapter 828 of the Florida Statutes, while my application is pending or during my period of volunteer service.
In addition to agreeing to follow the rule above, as a Volunteer with Pet Resource Center, you understand that your contribution to the success of our mission relies on your ability to commit to a weekly or bi-weekly shift.