First Step's Volunteer Expectations & Agreement
The purpose of this agreement is to describe reasonable expectations between you (volunteer) and First Step.
By volunteering with first step, i agree to…
- Participate in First Step’s training, which may include their 24-hour Core Skills Training and specific program and placement training, depending on the activities I choose to be involved with.
- Notify First Step Staff whenever the possibility of danger exists.
- Treat every person at First Step with respect and dignity.
- Follow the policies and procedures outlined in the Volunteer Policy & Procedures Manual and act in a way that is in line with the aims and objectives of First Step and that enhances the work of the organization.
- Fulfill my role as outlined in the chosen volunteer role description, assignment, or opportunity and perform it to my best ability.
- Maintain my volunteering schedule, meet time, and task commitments, and to provide sufficient notice when not available.
- Keep my information and Volunteer Profile updated with my most recent information, including informing the Volunteer Program Coordinator of any concerns that may impact my ability to pass First Step’s Background Checks in ordinance of volunteering with First Step.
- Only undertake duties I am authorized to carry out and always operate under the direction and supervision of my supervisor and obey reasonable directions and instructions.
- Abide by First Step’s strict confidentiality policy and recognize that the unauthorized release of confidential information may make me subject to a civil action under provisions of the Welfare and Institutions Code.
- Speak with a First Step Supervisor or the Volunteer Program Coordinator if I have any questions regarding the privacy of any information or other First Step policies.
By volunteering with first step, first step agrees to…
- Being transparent throughout the volunteer application and placement experience, including offering an inclusive and equal opportunity to all applicants.
- Provide adequate information and training so you may meet the expectations as described in your volunteer role description.
- Offer you opportunities to attend an info session, interview, orientation, and access to our Core Skills Training and other program specific training.
- Assign you with a designated staff member to act as your supervisor who will provide you with regular support and be available for supervision meetings as needed.
- Treat you with respect and courtesy at all times.
- Be receptive to any comments and feedback from all of our volunteers.
- Value and recognize our volunteers as a significant and necessary resource in achieving the goals of our organization.
- Continuously evaluate and review the Volunteer Program to always be developing and improving the program and your experience.