Assumption of Risk Form and Safety Statement
VACCINATION REQUIRED FOR ALL ON-SITE VOLUNTEERS (not required for remote work, donations)
MINIMUM AGE TO VOLUNTEER ON-SITE: 14 WITH A PARENT or GUARDIAN 16 WITHOUT A PARENT OR GUARDIAN
WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING COURT-ORDERED VOLUNTEERS
We are a low barrier shelter – many of our clients live with untreated mental illness or are in active addiction.
We do not require our clients to be clean of substances in order to access our services – some clients may be under the influence.
Some clients are in crisis, and may show signs of irritability or agitation. If you encounter a client showing these signs, refrain from engaging the client and alert staff immediately.
During these times of the coronavirus, we here at Catholic Charities’ My Sister’s Place Women’s Center have been planning and working toward offering in-person volunteer activities, as permissible and consistent with applicable public health restrictions and guidance. We remain committed whenever possible to offering remote opportunities to those who cannot participate in-person.
Although challenges can still develop and much is unsure, we are certain of the following:
- The health, safety, and welfare of every member of the Catholic Charities community is our highest priority.
- The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO). Medical knowledge regarding COVID-19 continues to evolve, but COVID-19 is reported to be extremely contagious and is believed to spread through person-to-person contact and/or in the air. The exact methods for spread, contraction, and infection are not fully known. Evidence has shown that COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life-threatening illness and/or death.
- The measures we take to protect the community from COVID-19 will continue to be informed by the most up-to-date advice from federal, state, and local public health officials.
- Even with the precautions and measures we implement, no one, including My Sister’s Place Women’s Center, can guarantee an environment without risk of the spread of COVID-19. It is simply not possible to do so. For more information about the nature of the virus, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
- In addition, minimizing the risk of COVID-19 spread or spread of any other disease is a shared responsibility. All members of the Catholic Charities’ community, including volunteers, must do their part. In addition to basic hand hygiene (frequent washing and sanitizing) and respiratory etiquette (not coughing into one’s hand or in close proximity to others), this includes adhering to any measures that Catholic Charities’ My Sister’s Place Women’s Center may deem appropriate, such as temperature checks, social distancing, wearing cloth face coverings, isolating or quarantining when required, and other precautionary measures. Your compliance is necessary not only for your own safety but for the safety of others. Participants should not report to any Catholic Charities programs or activities if they have a fever or are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. For more information about symptoms, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
- Volunteers with disabilities who think they may need accommodations related to COVID-19 or who, because of age or underlying medical conditions, may be at increased risk should contact My Sister’s Place Women’s Center to discuss further. Please contact Julie Martin by calling 667-600-3702 or e-mailing email@example.com.
- If you enter Catholic Charities’ My Sister’s Place Women’s Center property, there is an inherent risk that you could be exposed to and contract COVID-19. By entering the properties, you indicate your acknowledgement of and agreement to accept and assume this risk.
By my signature below, I acknowledge I have received the above warnings regarding the risks of exposure to and contraction of COVID-19 while present on Catholic Charities’ property and/or while participating in activities sponsored by Catholic Charities. I further acknowledge and agree that by being present on the property(ies), I have assumed those risks.