Things to Know about the Application Process
Things to know before completing a Volunteer Application:
- All volunteers must be 18 years of age or older to volunteer at Five Acres.
- We are no longer accepting court ordered community service participants
- There is a nonrefundable $20 registration fee*
- If you are a student in need of service hours or an individual under the age of 18, please do not fill out this application. Please visit our Youth page to learn about opportunities available to students.
*The registration fee helps to offset the cost of our Volunteer t-shirts, Volunteer Appreciation Events held throughout the year, and other things associated with keeping our Volunteer Program running smoothly! As a nonprofit, we are grateful for your support!
- if you plan to work with our dogs, you must recognize and acknowledge that the majority of our dogs are big, strong, and some very difficult to walk.
- be able to commit to volunteering a minimum of 6 hours per month
- wear pants, closed toe shoes and a name tag while volunteering with our animals
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Five Acres Animal Shelter!