Things to Know about the Application Process
Things to know before completing a Volunteer Application:
- All volunteers must be 18 years of age or older to volunteer at Five Acres.
- We are no longer accepting court ordered community service participants
- There is a nonrefundable $20 registration fee*
- If you are a student in need of service hours, please do not fill out this application. Please visit our Youth page to learn about opportunities available to students.
*The registration fee helps to offset the cost of our Volunteer t-shirts, Volunteer Appreciation Events held throughout the year, and other things associated with keeping our Volunteer Program running smoothly! As a nonprofit, we are grateful for your support!
- if you plan to work with our dogs, you must recognize and acknowledge that the majority of our dogs are big, strong, and some very difficult to walk.
- be able to commit to volunteering a minimum of 6 hours per month
- wear pants, closed toe shoes and a name tag while volunteering with our animals
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Five Acres Animal Shelter!