Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Museum of Cambridge!
This Agreement recognises the importance of the relationship between the Museum of Cambridge (referred to as ‘the Museum’) and its volunteers. We very much appreciate the time you plan to give freely to volunteering, and this Agreement outlines our commitment to make your volunteering time with us a worthwhile and enjoyable experience. It also sets out expectations that the Museum has for its volunteers.
This Agreement is binding in honour only and not intended to be a legally binding contract. It can be cancelled at any time by either party. Neither party intends any worker or employment relationship to be created now or at any time in the future.
The Museum will aim to:
- make sure you have all the information you need to carry out your volunteer role, including a full induction session and relevant training
- provide a mentor who will support you in your role
- respect you in line with our Equality & Diversity policy
- work with you to find opportunities to further develop your skills and knowledge, and to provide training if needed
- invite you to take part in meetings, give feedback about your experiences, get involved with decision making at the Museum
- provide a safe environment in line with our Health & Safety policy
- provide adequate insurance cover
- only ask you for information that we , and keep all details in accordance with the Data Protection Act and our Data Protection policy
- deal with any problems, grievances or difficulties that may come up while volunteering, in line with problem-solving and complaints procedures
As a volunteer we expect you to:
- carry out your volunteering role to the best of your ability
- meet agreed time commitments and let us know in good time if you are no longer able to make it, so that the Museum can make other arrangements
- treat other volunteers, staff, and members of the public with respect
- follow the Museum’s procedures and standards, including health & safety, equality & diversity, and problem solving & complaints
- maintain confidential information about the Museum and its collections.
- give details of referees and agree to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, if needed.
- agree to the Museum storing any personal details needed for you to undertake your volunteering activities in a secure database, in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- agree to allow the Museum to publish photos or videos taken of you while volunteering on our website, social media, newsletter, and for publicity or marketing purposes. If you would prefer not to agree to please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform the team
- acknowledge that any intellectual property rights in the work that you carry out as a volunteer will be deemed to belong to the Museum
- not use any materials you've created as a result of volunteering at the Museum (for example photographs, lesson plans, research, etc.) outside the Museum without prior agreement from your mentor
Want to know more about how we operate? You can read our full policies here.