Staff Expectations for Episodic Volunteers:
- Provide a suitable assignment based upon volunteer interests, skills and availability, as well as the GSCP2P needs.
- Orientation and training to help volunteers perform their assignment.
- The opportunity to work as part of a team, to contribute to the welfare of the community and the organization, and to be recognized for their contribution.
- The support they need to do their job, including necessary equipment, supplies, work space and helpful supervision.
- The opportunity to give feedback about their GSCP2P volunteer experience.
- The chance to grow and develop as a volunteer through participation in other GSCP2P activities, special training events, meetings and more responsible positions.
- Proper supervision in an appropriate work setting.
- Offer opportunity to build skill sets and interests.
Expectations as a GSCP2P Episodic Volunteer
- Be realistic and candid in accepting their assignment, taking into consideration their interests, skills and availability, as well as the needs of GSCP2P.
- Assist volunteer in learning their volunteer assignment as well as completing any onboarding, required training, asking questions and staying in touch with their supervisor/school if applicable.
- Follow all policies and guidelines outlined in Volunteer Essentials of GSCP2P, observe confidentiality when needed, and engage in appropriate public behavior at all times.
- Participate in the feedback process by letting GSP2P know how they feel about their volunteer experience and by giving constructive suggestions for improvement in any area.
- Develop their skills as a volunteer by participating in training and development opportunities. Ensure there is a commitment to learn as much as they can to do the best job possible.