**COVID-19 UPDATE** We're happy to accept your application. However, due to the uncertainty surrounding Coronavirus, we will not be processing volunteer applications until further notice.
In completing this application, you authorize the investigation of all statements contained in this application and any supporting documents and you understand that a background check may be conducted. You authorize Shriner's Hospitals for Children to secure information about your education or experience from employers, educational institutions, government agencies, or other references you provided and release all parties from any liability arising from such investigation.
The following are requirements to be a Shriner's Volunteer:
- Must be at least 18 years old (unless you are applying for the Summer Youth Program);
- Commit to a minimum of four hours once a week for six months - some departments may require a one-year commitment;
- Have up-to-date vaccinations, including Tuberculosis and other infectious diseases;
- Submit to a complete background check, including references, criminal records, and child abuse history;
- Complete a drug test;
- Attend an orientation prior to beginning your volunteer position; and,
- If you indicate a desire to volunteer in the Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, or Research Departments, you must submit a resume.
If an appropriate volunteer position is available you will be contacted. If no appropriate openings are available when your application is received we will keep your application on file for 3 months.
Applications are retained for a 90-day period only. If you wish to be considered after 90 days from the date of application please contact Volunteer Services at 916-453-2087. DO NOT COMPLETE A NEW APPLICATION.