St Christopher's Volunteering Agreement and Equal Opportunities Monitoring
This agreement does not constitute a contract of employment and is binding in honour only. It sets out the mutual understanding and reasonable expectations between the volunteer and St Christopher’s in terms of the volunteer role and support available.
Accepting the expectations outlined in the agreement does not automatically mean you are, or will become, a volunteer for St Christopher's. We have a selection process based on mutual need and safeguarding which must be completed first.
By accepting the Volunteering Agreement, you agree to the following (once you have completed the selection process and started in your volunteer role):
- To treat staff, fellow volunteers, patients and the public with respect and in alignment with our values
- To read the Volunteer Handbook and agree to follow agreements in place for St Christopher’s volunteers such as attending training, and adhering to any health and safety, safeguarding, data protection and other legal policies
- To ensure you understand your role and what is expected of you within the role
- To bring any questions, concerns or training and development needs to your manager or to the volunteering team in a timely manner
- To provide us with timely feedback to help us improve the work we do
- To contribute towards a safe environment for us all
- To tell us if your circumstances change or if you’d like to change how you volunteer with us
- To be open and flexible about change as we strive to meet the needs of our local community and respond to external changes.
- To accept how we use your data as outlined in our privacy statement and notice here: https://www.stchristophers.org.uk/privacy#title-4
To refuse demands you may consider unrealistic, beyond the scope of the role or that you do not feel you have the skills to carry out.
In return we will ensure (once you have completed the selection process and started in your volunteer role):
- You are supported in your role by a St Christopher’s staff member or another experienced volunteer
- You are treated with respect and in alignment with our values
- You are provided with a clear outline on the nature of your volunteering role and supporting documentation in order to meet the required standard
- We provide you with appropriate training and support in order to fulfil the duties of the role
- We let you know how the work and activities you undertake makes a difference.
- We provide you with fair and timely feedback on how you undertake your role
- We communicate in a timely manner information or changes which may directly impact your role
- We contribute towards a safe environment for us all.
- We process your data in line with our privacy statement and notice here: https://www.stchristophers.org.uk/privacy#title-4
- We will give you the opportunity to refuse demands you consider unrealistic, beyond the scope of the role or that you do not have the skills to carry out.