MOSAIC Volunteer Agreement
As a volunteer, you are an important member of MOSAIC’s team and you act as a representative of our organization to the community at large. As a team member, we ask you to read and agree to the following Volunteer Agreement.
As a MOSAIC volunteer, I agree to:
- Support the Mission and Vision of MOSAIC.
- Represent MOSAIC in a professional manner and maintain smooth working relationships and respect in all my volunteer interactions with MOSAIC clients, employees, other volunteers in the program, and the community at large.
- Conduct myself in an appropriate and ethical manner when dealing with clients, employees and volunteers.
Respect Professional Boundaries:
- Avoid all situations in which my personal interests, or financial gain, conflict with MOSAIC policy or with client service considerations.
- Not offer any legal, financial or medical advice outside of my volunteer role description.
- Any intellectual property developed in the course of my volunteer service will remain the property of MOSAIC.
- Treat MOSAIC property, equipment and supplies respectfully and use for program purposes only.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding employee, volunteer or client information unless it is necessary to disclose to program staff for the following safety reasons:
- Where a client represents a serious danger to her/himself or to others
- In the case of known or suspected abuse of a child or dependent adult
- Discuss such information only within the boundaries of my volunteer position at this organization.
- Uphold client confidentiality both during and following my volunteer service with the organization.
Perform My Volunteer Role:
- Perform my volunteer role to the best of my ability.
- Participate in orientation and training sessions when provided to help me in my volunteer role.
- Complete reports and/or time sheets as requested by program employees, in a timely manner.
- Arrive on time and ready for my volunteer shift. Provide the program employee with as much notice as possible if I expect to be late.
- Wherever possible, give notice when I must leave volunteer services at MOSAIC.
- Consult program employees about any concerns I have about my role, client service or program delivery.
Follow Covid-19 Safety Precautions:
- Complete the Covid-19 self-assessment tool (https://bc.thrive.health/) at the beginning of each volunteer shift in which I am interacting with clients, and follow recommendations.
- Maintain a two-meter distance between myself and other individuals when volunteering in person.
- Follow all safety precautions outlined by the volunteer coordinator and/or program supervisor.
I understand that breach of this agreement shall constitute grounds for and may result in termination of my volunteer status with this organization.
I further understand that MOSAIC will keep my personal information private but may share it with the person I provided as my reference, staff supervisors and/or government employees who monitor Volunteer Resources.
All the information I have provided on this form is accurate.
If you understand and agree to the terms above, please check the box below to give your consent.