Foster Parent Requirements
If you would like to submit your application on a mobile device (phone, tablet, etc.) please use this link instead.
Spokane Humane Society requires that its foster parents...
- live within 60 minutes of the shelter in case of veterinary emergencies requiring you to bring your foster pet to the shelter immediately.
- provides up to date vaccination history of all companion animals in the home
- are able to remain in consistent contact with the foster coordinator by replying to emails, text messages and phone calls within 48 hours.
- abide by the policies and procedures of the Spokane Humane Society foster program detailed in the Foster Handbook.
- fill out and sign a background check form and volunteer liability waiver prior to taking home your first foster pet.
You can find a list of Frequently Asked Questions here.
For an overview of our policies and procedures, please read through the Foster Handbook.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to our Foster Care Coordinator, Amanda via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (509) 847-5591.