Volunteer Policies & Agreement
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Greater Vancouver Food Bank. Our mission is to provide healthy food to those in need.
We have reached full capacity for volunteers in the 2023 calendar year.
We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
- Burnaby Food Distribution - January 2024 (max. 7 volunteers per shift)
- Vancouver Food Distribution - January 2024 (max. 10 volunteers per shift)
- New Westminster Food Distribution - January 2024 (max. 5 volunteers per shift)
- Warehouse Support - January 2024 (max. 5 volunteers per shift)
- Program Packs - January 2024 (max. 5 volunteers per shift)
Please read the following before you submit an application.
- Must be a minimum of 15 years old.
- Minors between 15-17 years are required to complete the GVFB Youth Consent form.
- Must be able to stand for an extended period of time
- Must possess intermediate to advanced English communication skills.
- Criminal Record Checks are not required for group volunteers.
- We will act honestly and follow the highest standards of ethical when interacting with other volunteers, clients, staff, and community partners.
- We will arrive on time and commit to an entire shift unless an absence is unavoidable, in which case we will refer to the cancellation policy.
- We will accept directions and decisions made by GVFB staff and complete all duties diligently.
- We will report unsafe conditions and practices to GVFB staff.
- We will support clients, community agency partners, GVFB staff, and other volunteers with patience, respect, and dignity.
- We will not take photos of clients and will receive consent from other volunteers and GVFB staff before taking photos.
- We will maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive GVFB information that we may learn or use to perform our volunteer role.
- We agree that by submitting a group volunteer application, we have read and accepted all volunteer requirements and the Volunteer Agreement.
- We further acknowledge and agree that if we do not follow the GVFB policies, we may be asked to temporarily or permanently remove ourselves from all GVFB volunteer opportunities.
*Upon acceptance, the group organizer will receive a copy of our Cancellation Policy. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
When you join the GVFB Volunteer Program, you become part of a team that is dedicated to creating healthy communities through fair and effective food systems.