Volunteer Policies & Agreement
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Greater Vancouver Food Bank!
Below are our policies which we expect all volunteers to agree to:
- Minimum age requirement is 14 years old.
- If you are aged between 14-17 you must have parental/guardian consent before you can volunteer.
- Be treated with patience, understanding, dignity and respect.
- Be treated equally regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, financial status, criminal history, immigration or family status.
- Everyone deserves a safe physical and emotional space. For everyone's safety, volunteers must never be impaired when volunteering for the GVFB and this applies to drugs (legal and illegal).
- To treat everyone including other volunteers, clients and GVFB staff with respect.
- Perform duties diligently and be on time.
- Contact your supervisor as soon as possible if you cannot make your shift.
- Accept direction and decisions made by GVFB staff.
- Ensure that you are always working in a safe environment, reporting unsafe conditions and practices to a GVFB staff.
- Follow all other GVFB policies and procedures.