Volunteer Policies and Agreements
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Greater Vancouver Food Bank!
The below are our policies which we expect all volunteers to agree to:
- You must be 14 years of age or older.
- If you are aged between 14-17 you must have parental/guardian written consent before you can volunteer.
- You are required to attend an in-person orientation session before you can sign up for a volunteer shift.
- A Criminal Record Check form will need to be completed when you attend the volunteer orientation.
- Be treated with patience, understanding, dignity and respect.
- Be treated equally regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, financial status, criminal history, immigration or family status.
- Everyone deserves a safe physical and emotional space. For everyone's safety, volunteers must never be impaired when volunteering for the GVFB and this applies to drugs (legal and illegal).
- To treat everyone including other volunteers, clients and GVFB staff with respect.
- Perform duties diligently and be on time.
- Contact your supervisor as soon as possible if you cannot make your shift.
- Accept direction and decisions made by GVFB staff.
- Ensure that you are always working in a safe environment, reporting unsafe conditions and practices to a GVFB staff.
- Follow all other GVFB policies and procedures.
Failure to comply with the Greater Vancouver Food Bank's Respect Policy and Volunteer Expectations may lead to temporary or permanent suspension from volunteer duties, including food access if the volunteer is a client.