Overview of the General Volunteering/Resource Centre
Thank you for your interest volunteering at the North Shore Women's Centre!
The North Shore Women's Centre is a non-profit organization working with self-identifying women and gender-diverse individuals on the North Shore. Our mission is to improve the social, economic, legal and political status of women, and to encourage and support self-empowerment by acting as a resource and a catalyst for change, from feminist perspectives.
A Resource Centre Volunteer is a dynamic position with a wide variety of responsibilities that can be tailored to each volunteers’ strengths and interests. They are responsible for being the first face of the centre and help direct clients and visitors to the appropriate staff member, accept and shelve donations, and more. Additionally, they may take on independent projects ranging from upkeep of our lending library, running errands, or completing administrative tasks. Volunteer shifts take place from either 9:30am-12:15pm, or 12:15pm-3:00pm, Monday to Thursday. Volunteers are expected to commit for a minimum of 6 months.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Welcome everyone who comes into the centre, inquire about their needs, and direct them to the appropriate staff person or resource.
• Accept and process donations for our food and toiletries program.
• Assist staff members with the day-to-day operation of the centre. This can include putting together bags of food and toiletries, provide clothing coupons, running errands, fundraising tasks, general centre upkeep, and community outreach.
• Help with set-up of resource centre activities, events, classes, and workshops as needed.
• Communicate about absences and changes in availability with staff in a timely manner.
We look forward to reviewing your application!