League City Animal Care Policies
Hello, prospective volunteers!
We want to first THANK YOU for your interest in volunteering at LCAC! Our volunteer program exists to give our shelter animals the highest quality of life while in our care, to facilitate pets moving our of the shelter and into homes (or to prevent the need for shelter intervention!), and to support our community. Since the program's inception, our volunteers have saved thousands of dogs and cats that would have otherwise not survived without them as a resource.
- Ages 16+: While LCAC recognizes that many bright minds younger than this age have a philanthropic urge to help animals, we do not allow anyone under the age of 16 to volunteer. Volunteers under 18 will be required to have a parent/guardian sign their liability release and essential capability forms.
- Time Commitment: LCAC Volunteers, especially those who help us with animal care, go through extensive training which requires a commitment of our city resources. As a result, we require that volunteers make a commitment to volunteer a minimum of two shifts per month and for a minimum of six months.
- Community Service Requirements: Judicial (or court mandated) community service hours cannot be earned at League City Animal Care. If you require community service hours for school or other service organizations, we can provide a letter confirming your volunteer hours once the minimum time commitment of two shifts per month for six months has been met.
The following policy documents are required to ensure your safety and success while volunteering at LCAC. Please take your time to read each thoroughly. You will be required to sign them and bring them with you for your first shift.
- Volunteer Release of Liability
- Essential Volunteer Capabilities
- LCAC Mission Statement and Core Values
- Workplace Culture Expectations
By accepting the terms of these documents, I acknowledge that, if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my rights to maintain a lawsuit against the City on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein.
If I am under the age of 18, I am required to have a parent and/or guardian to sign a written document that will be provided by the shelter in regards to this waiver and liability release.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understand it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.