Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services - Seniors Services
- Minimum age requirement: 14 years old and currently in Grade 8 or higher.
- Volunteers younger than 19 years are required to provide signed Parental Consent.
- A Criminal Record Check will be required for volunteers 19 years and over, for some positions. See position descriptions for details.
- Perform duties promptly and be on time.
- Communicate respectfully with both participants and staff.
- Give advance notice if you cannot attend your shift.
- Be loyal to the community service you are volunteering with.
- Accept direction and decisions from your supervisor.
- Respect the privacy of staff, participants, and other volunteers.
- Follow the policies and procedures outlined in the Volunteer Manual.
- All volunteers are responsible for preventing accidents and injuries.
- Follow safe practices and procedures.
- Report unsafe conditions and practices.
- Take an active role in ensuring the safety of yourself, other volunteers and city staff
Privacy and Anti Spam Disclaimer
- Personal information is collected and used for the purpose of administering the City of Burnaby’s volunteer programs.
- The City of Burnaby is collecting this information under s.26 (c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Please be aware that any information collected may be stored on servers belonging to Better Impact.
- Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) requires that no electronic messages with any degree of commercial content can be sent without you first providing your express consent to receive a commercial electronic message (CEM) through an email, phone, instant messaging service etc. The completion of an application with the City of Burnaby volunteer program indicates informed consent to receiving email messages.
If you wish to unsubscribe from email messages, you can do so by ending your volunteer relationship.
For questions regarding the collection of Personal Information and receipt of electronic messages please contact:
Pierrette Hodnett | Records and Information Administrator | Department of the City Clerk | City of Burnaby | 4949 Canada Way, Burnaby BC V5G 1M2 | FOI@burnaby.ca | Office 604-294-7290
I understand that if I do not agree with the above commitments my volunteer duties with Edmonds Seniors Services may be terminated.